Caloundra 10/8

Mack_attack

Really not much to report. Seabreeze was wrong again(is it ever right) and we were quickly getting blown around with 15 to 20 knot winds resulting in huge white caps and terrible fishing conditions. We travelled out to the blinker and after only one drift the wind was so strong it was not worth trying.

headed back to brays rock and couldn't get our plastics to touch the bottom at all and decided to call it a day after only 2 hours with really only 15 mins of fishing time.:angry:

Packed the kayaks onto the car and drove 115km home.

Tally:

one yakka each :S

We did meet a friend of Lee and terry in a light blue hobie. Apparently he waited for them at the mooloolabah boat ramp but they didn't arrive, he suspected terry's car to be the culprit, so decided to fish bray's for a bit and got a couple of squire and a sweetlip. He headed in at the same time as us as it really was unfishable conditions.

You met Alby? Some on the site may remember ably - bought a shark shield and was never seen on AFO again.. :laugh: apparently that's quite a shocking device - Lee can attest to this :laugh:

Pitty about the forecast, we were looking at going a good 10km off, you can't fish in those conditions in a paddle yak. Pedals you can (pain in the buttocks) but you can.

We never hit the bottom at brays, we use 1/6 and 1/4 which side mid water and get nailed.

My car needed a tow back from work last night, so yes my car was the culprit in Lee and I not showing up :( I was in the process of saving however newer car may be on the cards a bit earlier than planned.

Before you comment on this al (Biggles), no, shut up:| :laugh:

AHAHA

The missus and I went up to Caloundra for a yak, only set off around 8:30 and due to the missus and dog in tow I wasn't game to venture out to far. Lucky for me the missus gets sea sick in the bath so she and the pup were land based by 9:30 am, so I went out again, the wind did drop at around 11am for a bit and I was flicking plastics around for a bit but nothin.....

On the way back in I snagged my last deep diver on the reef....I was so pissed I tied up to the boatie that was near me...stripped off and dove in...much to the horror of the boatie!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: got me bloody lure!! :laugh:

Anyhoo it was fun having a paddle and getting fitter again....

Would love to meet you guys up there for a yak soon.....

Batty

I spoke to a few boaties out there and on the boat ramp and it was a quite day apparently.

Trust me man I was dissapointed that I din't get at least one fish but I had the missus and pup with me so we didn't really go out with huge expectations.

Next trip you guys do I am there!

Batty ;)

Biggles wrote:

TerryH wrote:
Before you comment on this al (Biggles), no, shut up:| :laugh:

I'll bet you were praying like mad that I wouldn't see this thread heh midget??:laugh: ,so, ya had to get ya mums car towed home again :laugh: :laugh: .

Regards

Al

Yeah timing belt slipped about 7 to 8 teeth.

She fired up alright today though once timing was realligned and tightned a little more

Not to worry though, hopefully the '96 commodore I just picked up on ebay should last a little while. Took it for a test spin today felt alright. Plenty of vroom vrooooom compared to the ol' rolla....

You boys definitely forgot the shapes.

Lee has mentioned it before, its not you as a fisherman or your lure that makes the fish. It's the shapes

Big snapper = Shapes.

Simple as that.

Archived