quick report

straddiebrad

straddiebrad wrote:

saltshaker wrote:
wow how many of you guys went up there?good size snapps in there
there was nine of us

looks like a good trip but you've definetely gone over your bag limit of 5 snapper per person:unsure:

I counted well over 45 snapper in your second pic.:dry: on reinspection its more like 90.:huh:

Mack_attack wrote:

straddiebrad wrote:
saltshaker wrote:
there was nine of us

looks like a good trip but you've definetely gone over your bag limit of 5 snapper per person:unsure:

I counted well over 45 snapper in your second pic.:dry: on reinspection its more like 90.:huh:

Spot on the greens would love this post:angry: :angry: :angry:

Talk about the charter guys shooting him self in the foot

Mack_attack wrote:

straddiebrad wrote:
saltshaker wrote:
there was nine of us

because we were on the boat at midday sunday until 3 on wednesday this means we were on the trip more than 72 hours u can have a bag limit of double as long as the trip last longer than 72 hours for snapper but in saying that we did go over buy about15 thats if u dont include the deckie and captain so we were under realy

straddiebrad wrote:

Mack_attack wrote:
straddiebrad wrote:
saltshaker wrote:
there was nine of us

because we were on the boat at midday sunday until 3 on wednesday this means we were on the trip more than 72 hours u can have a bag limit of double as long as the trip last longer than 72 hours for snapper but in saying that we did go over buy about15 thats if u dont include the deckie and captain so we were under realy

I'm not going to harp on the issue, but may I ask where abouts in the regulations is says that about 72 hours?

The only mention of 72 hours I know of is for tailor on fraser island.

TerryH wrote:

straddiebrad wrote:
Mack_attack wrote:
straddiebrad wrote:
saltshaker wrote:
there was nine of us

I'm not going to harp on the issue, but may I ask where abouts in the regulations is says that about 72 hours?

The only mention of 72 hours I know of is for tailor on fraser island.

this is what we were told buy the skipper, i will look into this as we did ask and this is what we were told by him

well IMO this is just too many fish what a joke i'm sorry to be the one to speak up but i think the charter is totally responsible and just silly keeping all those fish, Be honest 9 ppl even giving them away to friends i mean gotta ask your self how many actually get eaten. A good trip is a Good trip no denying it however keeping 4-5 snapp ea and photos of the rest is still I think overkill anyway this is absolutly nothing against U straddiebrad. I am banned from the reel fishing charter off scarborough for telling them off for keeping undersized kingies. but thats enough frustration for me.

Confused wrote:

well IMO this is just too many fish what a joke i'm sorry to be the one to speak up but i think the charter is totally responsible and just silly keeping all those fish, Be honest 9 ppl even giving them away to friends i mean gotta ask your self how many actually get eaten. A good trip is a Good trip no denying it however keeping 4-5 snapp ea and photos of the rest is still I think overkill anyway this is absolutly nothing against U straddiebrad. I am banned from the reel fishing charter off scarborough for telling them off for keeping undersized kingies. but thats enough frustration for me.
well out of all the fish ikept i have about 5 left plus the spangald i caught thats givinng away about15 fish and as for the snapper i have emailed the dpi and if the skipper is wrong i will be sending my complaints to the with the name of the charter and photos if he is wrong i am sure i am not the only one he has done this to i should know in a few days i will keep u all posted brad

There are the extended bag limits on charters over 48hrs. You are allowed to take twice the standard bag limit. However, this only applies to spotted mackerel, grey mackerel, shark mackerel, mulloway, black jewfish, cobia, estuary cod and wahoo.

This is probably where the charter guy got the idea from, but he obviosly didn't read the fine print

Archived