Rainbow trip 2008 - REPORT!

benno573

Great trip. Could certainly handle a few trips away with you blokes again!

Very relaxing and some good fish to catch and see caught. Food was better than at home (Shhh;) ) Thanks to the organisers, drivers, toilet cleaners etc.

Highlight for me (apart from going over the old Rodney Rude and Kev Wilson collections) was falling down a crevice on the rocks at DI Pt. Must try to remember my age next time before accepting challenges from young 20 odd year olds :woohoo: :laugh:

Very calm conditions when we arrived. [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Benno_Day_1.JPG

post-564-144598469984_thumb.jpg

ellicat wrote:

Great trip. Could certainly handle a few trips away with you blokes again!

Very relaxing and some good fish to catch and see caught. Food was better than at home (Shhh;) ) Thanks to the organisers, drivers, toilet cleaners etc.

Highlight for me (apart from going over the old Rodney Rude and Kev Wilson collections) was falling down a crevice on the rocks at DI Pt. Must try to remember my age next time before accepting challenges from young 20 odd year olds :woohoo: :laugh:

Very calm conditions when we arrived. [img size=480]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Benno_Day_1.JPG

Getting plenty of fresh sea air there Benno:laugh:

Rainbow Beach 2008 from a European perspective......

TOP DOLLAR.

What can I say that hasn't already been said.

I am lucky to have been teamed up with Ellicat, Jeff F, Shortie & Benno.

Together they all shared their knowledge which made my first beach fishing trip that much easier.

Benno kindly shared his knowledge in how to pick up Pippies and reading the beach for gutters. This came in handy on day two when I caught my first Dart and Beach Bream

5 Dart and 2 Bream in an afternoon session, well it made me happy.

As Shortie mentioned earlier, I got to drive his tank of a Nissan, AWESOME, please Mommy, can I have a 4by for Christmas. I properly have a bigger chance catching Eggs off the cliffes at Scarborough.

I managed to catch a few more Dart & Bream.

A few guidelines for people who wanna come along next time:

1) Be prepared to get intimately accustomed to Kevin Bloody Wilson

2) The gentle coolnes of a 1 meter wave can lower your body temperatur fast, especially in the groin area

3) If you have a choice between Bennos Beer Battered fish and Damper, ALWAYS choose the fish;)

4) If climing out on the rocks for a long fishing session, REMEMBER BAIT

5) Be prepared to have an awesome time and laugh a lot

Benno, Ellicat, Shortie, Jeff F & Graham if you are listening in,

Thanks for a really nice trip, you are all top nice fellas and I'd do it all again in an instant (when it gets warmer and I get a larger tent B) ).

Thanks for all the tips and treats, some of you I owe a Hotdog.

/Castnet

ellicat wrote:

Not necessarily a happy result. I think he said something to me that sounded like "fugu":laugh:

Needless to say, this picture is entitled Toadie Revolution ;) :laugh: [img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Jeff_Toadie_revolution_1.jpg

By the time Jeff was finished Fogu was FUBAR

Great name for that Photo Ellicat. :woohoo:

• 1 year later...

Archived