Rainbow trip 2008 - REPORT!

benno573

well here goes!

day 1

departed brisbane and made it to the barge at tewantin (some of us via gympie - not mentioning any names...shortie... :whistle: ) and hit the beach. weather was perfect. selected a campsite and set up shop. carsten and i went for a drive to collect some pippies for bait, hit the gutter out the front of camp for some nice dart on light gear, ellicat got a mid 20's bream as well, things were looking up. :woohoo: a good night followed of booze, bullsh!t and bad jokes. :silly:

day 2

the sun rose in the north north left on this morning. a new direction, soon to be standard measuring for all GPS systems worldwide! :P jeff f and i decided to hit the rocks at DIP, rainbow beach side, while shortie, ellicat and carsten headed for a scenic drive around. unfortunately, no-one told the fish we were coming. :dry: i got a hit on a slug by something that was feeding on the large schools of baitfish that were showering out of the water but no hook up. headed back to camp and found graham sitting there with a sore head. jeff, graham and i headed up to a gutter we saw with some nice rocks sitting in it. and the tailor were ON! between jeff and i we landed about 25 tailor all on slugs in the surf, on mojiko rods and reels (go anaconda! :woohoo: ). many more fish were lost due to thrown hooks but all in all an awesome session, i cam up trumps with a 48.5cm model, await FOTM entry :woohoo: . 9 fish were added to the esky. a lovely roast camp-oven dinner of lamb and vege's was prepared along with the crappest damper ever made, sorry guys. :blush:

it would be remiss of me to not mention this - on the way out to go fishing i came across a car that was bogged... a silver car... with a red diamond shaped badge... and a name starting with p... possibly a pajero... and i have photographic evidence to show the mighty prado snatching the silly bugger out! sorry kriso! :P

day 3

yet again, awesome weather. light SW in the morning, dropping out to almost nothing. love it. :woohoo: jeff, carsten and i headed up the beach over to rainbow to see if we could find a flathead or golden trev in the lagoon. yet again, no-one told the fish we were coming. bugger. gave up a bit on the fishing and just enjoyed where we were. shortie, ellicat and graham rocked on up and a bit of tomfoolery ensued, unfortunately resulting in my aerobie (recreational throwing device) going for a swim, and me going in after it. 3 hours later i was a man again, dam that water was cold. if anyone happens to find an aerobie on rainbow beach please pm me and let me know! :laugh: after a delicious late lunch of beer battered tailor filet, we hit up the rocky gutter (spot x) again in the afternoon, jeff, ellicat and i. landed a few tailor, not as exciting as the first day but still a good session, unfortunately a few BIG suckers lost to thrown hooks. :angry: another night of general banter ensued. :silly:

day 4

jeff f, ellicat, carsten and i were keen for some rock fishing. i wanted a big sucker off the bricks! jeff stopped at an in close rock and ellicat and i bravely (or stupidly) ventured further out. we nearly lost our best looking :kiss: mod to a fissure in the rock, fortunately he was able to pull himself out (hehe, i said pull himself... :laugh: ) and continue on. we saw jeff f hook up and then the bend in his rod got bigger and bigger and then gone. over the wind, surf and every other noise ellicat and i clearly heard expletives being screamed from 100m away. jeff had hooked a tailor which on the retrieve had been smashed by a mackeral of about 1m in length. unfortunately, it's razor sharp teeth found the leader and it was all over. bugger jeff, would have love to see you land the sucker! after ellicat facing his fears (of heights) we were out of there and back to camp, a serious bumped knee in tow. not much else to report from the session unfortunately, ellicat and i didn't get a decent strike all day. :dry: jeff and i headed up in the afternoon to see if the tailor were still around, unfortunately not, so we decided to go and get pissed instead. :silly: ;) nice. so we did and that was great.

day 5

got up whenever, packed the cars and left. nothing much else to report there.

many pics to follow, no idea how to use photobucket and don't want to teach myself so one at a time it is! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Rainbow_019_AFO.jpg

post-2244-144598469456_thumb.jpg

You blokes are dead set lunatics! Thanks for the very entertaining phone call after you had all been on the crazy juice all day. It certainly made a good impression on the company I had for the evening.

Some good fishing, some good scenery, and plenty of good times.

What happened with the damper though.... do tell!

what a trip it had everything great company, plenty of laughs,

great food and drink, some mad up to the chest getting knocked arse up by huge waves spinning sesions, having hooked tailor taken whole by a huge mackeral just as i was about to lift it out of the water ,monster tailor breaking the split rings on our slugs,amazing scenery, watching dopey wax heads getting dumped onto a shallow sand bank

and breaking thier boards.rescuing bogged idiots(iceknight included).the bloke with the drum kit on the beach,the wierd little creatures at camp gay pride,roaring down the beach in bennos prado at high speed with korn blasting out of the stereo.ellicats night of demented comedy and

blls*it sessions round the fire,even bennos rock damper all helped make a brilliant trip

a special thanks to shortie and benno573 for all the equipment that made the camp great

from beer on tap to the kitchen sink ,a great effort guys and much appreciated

great to meet carstenvp too top bloke for a shortdane awesome ha ha;)

Thats what i call a comfortable trip.

From hot water showers to beer on Tap to Rodney rude playing on the noise box.

Way to much god food.

I almost had to slap the smile off Carstens face after he got to drive my Vehicle along the beach.

The little fella sure got an Aussie education.

Thaks guys for the company i had an awespome time.

Annual Trip . NO. WE will do at least a couple of these during the year.

Richard.

What Benno also forgot to mention was that the boys in BLue were out in Force on the Beach.

They were on trail bikes and landcruiser Troopies.

We saw 1 idiot pull out of the soft sand do a dunut and a few fish tails right in front of the boys in Blue. Literally within 50mtrs of them. Needles to say they were stopped and booked. This was in Front on at least 30 people pissing themselves laughing at their stupidity.

Archived