International Boat Show

Angus

I'll be there for sure, I need to resubscribe to Bush'n'Beach, I also like the talks on fishing techniques. Last year I went and seen Brian Webb's talk on Jew fishing, It was great. Funny thing is now I work with him. You never know I may even talk my wife into leting me buy a new boat:dry:

Anything AFO going to be there Angus?

Jayson

chubbstar wrote:

Anything AFO going to be there Angus?

Not likely. It costs a motza to have any stand in there. Half the dealers will have forked out 6 figure sums for the privelege. Whats worse is the con centre will still rape your back pocket as you walk through the front door.

It used to be a lot better when they used the RNA. You had a lot of room to stand back and take in the boats as well as somewhere to go and talk it over with the mrs before signing up for a new boat. It was also cheap enough for trimmers, fabricators etc to be there as well so you were able to price up everything you want at the same place. Tackle shops could also come with some good bargains as well.

Hi Guys

2 Bent Rods will be there running the FREE Kids Marine Zone on Fri, Sat & Sun. Come and say g'day while you're there.

Entry into the Boat show is free for kids under 12.

Kids will learn to tie knots, cast Alvey reels, throw a cast net & catch yabbies & identify fish.

Even if the kids have a bit to do with fishing, they will still have a good time and have a good chance to win prizes from Daiwa and Alvey.

Parents only need to sign some paperwork and the kids are able to stay at the marine zone for about an hour while you walk around the show yourself (give you time to think)

bull frog wrote:

Kids will learn to tie knots, cast Alvey reels, throw a cast net & catch yabbies & identify fish.

Think I need to sign up for this. Master Sardines can vouch for my lack of cast net skills, Malcolm, Ellicat and Benno can vouch that I cant tie a knot or ID fish as I have to hold them up and ask 'whats this one?' And alveys just look too primative for me.

Is there anything I am good at???????????

And Wednesday looks like the day for me. Just had a look at the schedules and it includes Kayaking for Bass, Moreton Bay Snapper on Lures, Drift Fishing the Estuaries with Bait, Flathead on Baits and Lures ohhh and Leeann Payne ;)

bootyinblue wrote:

Yep... will be going on a day I have off work. Its not a bad day if thats what you are into to take in a lot of the presentations and have a wander around and look at whats new in the world.

I take own snacks and drinks to make it not so exxy!!

tight a$$ :laugh:

Hi Guys we are looking for a couple of people to come and help out at the show.

We are running the kids clinics

Fri, Sat & Sun

10.30 - 1.00 & 2.00pm - 5.00pm/6.00pm

You don't need to be an expert, just have patience.

If anyone could help at any of the above times we would be able to supply you with an entry ticket and travel costs.

Please contact me if you are interested

Thanks

Sam

0403 713 820

bull frog wrote:

Hi Guys

2 Bent Rods will be there running the FREE Kids Marine Zone on Fri, Sat & Sun. Come and say g'day while you're there.

Entry into the Boat show is free for kids under 12.

Even if the kids have a bit to do with fishing, they will still have a good time and have a good chance to win prizes from Daiwa and Alvey.

Parents only need to sign some paperwork and the kids are able to stay at the marine zone for about an hour while you walk around the show yourself (give you time to think)

You are 1 game man offering to take my boy for 1 hour. lol

rayke1938 wrote:

Dropped in to see Mr. Gorrie all tarted up in his corporate regalia.Didnt buy it as you have to take your shoes off to get on board.

Cheers

Ray

Thats a bit suss, surely a boat like that would have decks capable of handling those 6 inch heels that the topless serving wenches wear with ease?

Angus wrote:

Hey everyone.

If you are going be sure to pop by the Riviera Syndication stand and saay gday.

Should be easy to find, its the largest boat at the show :)

Angus

:blink::huh: ummm... from selling houses to selling...things that cost as much houses??? Shotgun test ride...

Yeah I popped on for a few things too, met shorty and angus on the way to the fish tank full of jewies.

I didn't bother going on board the big Riv, I can do that anytime:P , besides that my feet stink and I didn't want to take my shoes off.

BTW I have some spare tickets if anyone wants some and live near by Beenleigh.

went to the show for the first time today and loved it big thanks for gus for showing me and mat around the riv and you look right at home in the new job mate and wish you a successful venture! must say i though even some of the "ski lice" boats looked fantastic! worth the $16 for a look around

kriso wrote:

went to the show for the first time today and loved it big thanks for gus for showing me and mat around the riv and you look right at home in the new job mate and wish you a successful venture! must say i though even some of the "ski lice" boats looked fantastic! worth the $16 for a look around

Doenst cost $16 if you wear your collered work shirt with company logo. Security ask do you have your exhibitor badge. My reply sorry do i need it. Security: in ya go but bring it tomorrow. lol

Archived