wanted baitcaster

faulked

if u were going for a high end reel to buy thatd last for a long time id be thinking about the

Daiwa Steez, Daiwa Zillion or Shimano Calais

or

Pflueger Echelon are sposta be pretty good reels and they dont cost to much

theres heaps of bc reels out there my advice would be to go to the shimano and daiwa websites and read about the reels and also check out tackletour website

Hi Faulked,

I have a Shimano Core for sale at the moment. The reel is low profile with magnesium body and weighs only 173g. It incorporates Shimano's super-free technology with their Variable Brake System. Reel comes with a huge amount of drag (11lb) and a retrieve ratio of 6.2:1. Reel is in excellent condition. It is currently spooled with 10lb Tuf XP and comes with a reel cover and original box.

I am asking $400 for it. RRP @ $499.

Here's a photo of the reel -

[img size=301]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Shimano_Core.jpg

Check the info on Shimano's webpage -

/>http://www.shimanofish.com.au/catalog/fish/products/group_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302054202&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181791&bmUID=1220419124400

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,

Shaun.

post-2670-144598471616_thumb.jpg

The magnesium bodied ones would be good for freshwater, but might be a bit risky to use them in the salt.

Most of the upper range models have been mentioned, but for mid-range, you might want to consider the Shimano Cruxis, Curado and Chronach. Or the Pfluegar President. I've got one of those and it's still as good as the day I got it after nearly 2 years:) Only thing I can fault it with is the drag isn't too powerful, but for Bass and the like, it would be perfect:cheer:

Everybody has thier favourites, depends on what you want to use it for, long distance casting from the bank or accurate casting from the boat or do you just want to troll with it. I would be having a cast of other peoples to try an get an idea of what you want. Out of all mine my fav is Curado but I dont use it for distance casting.

or try ebay.com not the au version though - the exchange rate is still reasonably good with $1us getting approx $1.21au, but when buying off ebay their rates are slightly different and what may cost you $150au when you've work it all out will actually cost you $154au due to ebays rates

• 1 month later...

namyau wrote:

or try ebay.com not the au version though - the exchange rate is still reasonably good with $1us getting approx $1.21au, but when buying off ebay their rates are slightly different and what may cost you $150au when you've work it all out will actually cost you $154au due to ebays rates

Not doubting you mate, but what is this "ebay rates" thing. Why isn't the exchange rate, the exchange rate? :blink:

Archived