Saturday morning Salmon Salmon Salmon

Nitris

Well i finally got one in the boat.. but just b4 i did my deckie Jase got one to the side of the boat and then it threw the hook after a 10min fight. First one was caught on 30 pound, Mine which we got in the boat went 110cm and was caught on 15 pound. My mates in the other boat with us caught 2 salmon an hour or so later.. so between the 2 boats we got 4 salmon.. I kept one for eating and as it is the first i have landed, and biggest fish i have caught to date... Just had a feed of a fillet this arvo, man there so tasty... :) Live Herring did the trick. [img size=496]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC02849.jpg

post-3112-144598473033_thumb.jpg

Yeh Dec the tail is huge.. i though i was doing good with that fish.. but my mates i took out in another boat just when we were leaving got a 121cm model.. man that tail was fucken huge.. :dry: was almost intimadating. :dry: The numbers out there must be very good indeed.

Nitris wrote:

Well i finally got one in the boat.. but just b4 i did my deckie Jase got one to the side of the boat and then it threw the hook after a 10min fight. First one was caught on 30 pound, Mine which we got in the boat went 110cm and was caught on 15 pound. My mates in the other boat with us caught 2 salmon an hour or so later.. so between the 2 boats we got 4 salmon.. I kept one for eating and as it is the first i have landed, and biggest fish i have caught to date... Just had a feed of a fillet this arvo, man there so tasty... :) Live Herring did the trick. [img size=496]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC02849.jpg

Sorry for the double post but look in the differnce in the two tails with these fish is it possible that one of these fish is a blue threadfin salmon instead of the king threadfin salmon. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/thredie_6-78a7df1f5dc0fda948e07fe1a550d097.jpg

post-1303-144598473041_thumb.jpg

Dec wrote:

Nitris wrote:

Sorry for the double post but look in the differnce in the two tails with these fish is it possible that one of these fish is a blue threadfin salmon instead of the king threadfin salmon. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/thredie_6-78a7df1f5dc0fda948e07fe1a550d097.jpg

The one i caught this morning even though different tails, defently is a king threadie.. golden brown as.... The pic of mine on my boat floor is scaled. Do the blue salmon get that big? i do spread the tail out for pic's instead of straight back, maybe that is it?

Mick wrote:

Bastards ... I was in the boat next to you and all we got were fn catties........ i saw 2 threadies come onboard plus a stingray.....(released)

Again WELL DONE

the guys u saw catch those 2 thready's and sting ray were my mates i took out to get them a salmon. i was in smaller tinny with the minn kota on the bow. Think i had my dreadlocks tied up, if that helps u. where u in the runnabout? i wil have to come over and have a yarn next time.. B)

Hi Guys

I've attached a photo (following) both Blue & Threadfin Salmon.

Besides the number of whiskers the TFS have, you'll note that the blue salmon have larger pupils, their body shape similar to a tailor and they have more of that translucent rubbery stuff on there nose and more of an overbite than the TFS.

TFS also have a more distinct hump on their backs & the larger ones are also a bitch to fillet as they have these big lumps down their spine.

post-510-144598473048_thumb.jpg

wiseguy wrote:

wow, awsum fish

gr8 sesh m8, was the mouth shielded form the wind? or were u out earlier than the winds came out?

got out to fishermans boat ramp at 4am.. ( i dont fuck arround ) first salmon hooked up at 6am.. got it to side of the boat and it got off. second salmon on not long after that had that in the boat by 630am.. few more hits no more hookups... but my mates that went out with us in thier own boat got 2 salmon about 8am and 820am... winds started about 7am but were not too confronting.. B)

Archived