reel repairs anyone?

novrain

hi all,

need some help here. went down to the goldie for a fish with some mates yesterday. these guys were totally new to fishing. it was a beautiful day but it all turned bad real quickly for me.

upon getting there, one of them opened my bag and out popped my precious reel... out of the bag, straight into the soft sand, the powder type sand. it just went 'thunk'... and sunk in..

rushed to pick it up but too late, sand all over and inside!!!...the rest of the day, the reel was just scratching and rubbing with sand inside... sigh..

this morning, tried taking it apart to wipe off the sand. took off the bail arm and out popped the tinniest smallest 'Z' shaped bar... tried putting it back on but can't ...

the bail arm now doesn't pop back into place when winding...

can someone help me out? or which tackle shop should i bring it to?

thanks guys... that was the reel i wanted to use for brisbane classic....

merv

Look fella's lets be blunt eh?

We have some companies that have come to the party with prizes for the Classic, in this case Tackleworld would be the relevant business, we should be going to them first, and giving them our business if at all possible!

Of course if you live an hour away, you would not bother, but where possible we have to support those that support us!

oh yeah - make sure you tell em why you are giving them your business as well!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/11/26 19:19

The guys at tackleworld also have an excellent range of cheap combos Merv, something maybe to keep in mind if you plan on supplying \"newbies\" with gear in teh future ;)

If you go to tackleworld ask for John. He is a top bloke who has been working in the industry his whole life and has a wealth of knowledge.

Cheers.

Angus

i'll have to keep that in mind for cheap combos...thing is i don't have a car that's whyi can't go to tackleworld... sigh.. heart pain...if you get what i mean...

40 - 50 bucks to repair it?! you gotta be kidding me... its only putting back 1 small bar.. ... the reel doesn't even cost that much.... if it does, i won't even bother...

any other suggestions?

Mick, I can't make it on fri. i have a work function thing to attend .. i'll probably only be there on sat.

hope you can help.. its only a small bar that needs to go into the bail arm screw.. that's all...

cowfish - i can't even use it now cos the bail arm doesn't even 'click' back into place.

thanks guys

Archived