sign on at brc

jeff f

yep, from the info added to the homepage recently, it looks like everyone must be briefed by the officials once before they start fishing, with the first brief at 10am on Friday. My guess if you can't make that, then you just go see then when you can before you start.

umm is that right Gus???

• 11 months later...

Yellow Peril wrote:

at present it says we have to report between 10-11 am on the day we want to start fishing. This will make it very difficult for those people who work to be able to fish the Friday evening or early Sat morning. Can I suggest that you have a second nominated time to sign on say from 4-6 pm each day?

Thanks

The form has since been ammended. It does not read 10-11 now but 8-10. You can sign on at a morning or an afternoon session, as long as its BEFORE you commence fishing.

Angus

What for? safety gear? Minimal requirements in the river. I think you attest to having the right gear when you sign the entry form anyway. There are no stewards or on water officials in the comp, (or scrutineers) its all based on your word an honesty in following the rules.

Feral wrote:

What for? safety gear? Minimal requirements in the river. I think you attest to having the right gear when you sign the entry form anyway. There are no stewards or on water officials in the comp, (or scrutineers) its all based on your word an honesty in following the rules.

My opinion. And i have sent through a suggestion. Is that everyone in a boat competing should be wearing a life jacket. Every other comp i know of does this. No, by law you do not have to but in a comp/organised event best practise should be followed. Even for public liability sake for the organisers.

Also i know that to compete you have to have insurance on your boat but people should check their policies carefully as most will have a clause about competition.

Yeah Shortie, but most of us cant afford inflating life jackets, so it would be way to uncomfortable to wear the Jackets all the time. Besides the reason I have a 4.9m boat is so the kids dont have to wear life jackets all the time!

Nothing in my policy about comps. Not covered for water skiing or racing though. So cant use ski lice as a livie! Would void my insurance!

My policy is with RACQ

Feral wrote:

Yeah Shortie, but most of us cant afford inflating life jackets, so it would be way to uncomfortable to wear the Jackets all the time. Besides the reason I have a 4.9m boat is so the kids dont have to wear life jackets all the time!

Nothing in my policy about comps. Not covered for water skiing or racing though. So cant use ski lice as a livie! Would void my insurance!

My policy is with RACQ

I can understand that not everyone can afford inflating jackets. there is no way i would allow my kids on my boat without a jacket. Accidents can happen.

5.5 mtr cabin boat. They might be uncomfortable but every other comp that i know of makes it mandatory. There must be a reason for this.

Still if i was organising the event i would not leave anything to chance. If you go above and beyond requirements your rear end is more covered. How guilty would the organisers feels not to mention whats the legal perspective if something does happen. And if some accident did happen would a great event like this continue to run

Just my opinion.

Yeh unless you had an inflatable that would be a mega inconvenience. I havent heard of a comp having a full time life jacket policy (admittedly I havent been in many comps.) Even all the game fishing comps Ive seen have never had a life full-time-jacket policy.?

Joel ;)

Cowfish13 wrote:

Here me out:D

On the first day (friday) our dad is still working but he'll be able to drop us down really early (5-6am). What do we do?

Do we wait at colmslie for 2 hrs, or can we go out and do sort of a pre-fish:P then come back at 8am and get briefed then?

That's pretty much what I did last year, Got all my bait ready for the day then was prepared for the rest of the day. Also had the bait's out as soon as possible.

shortie wrote:

Feral wrote:

My policy is with RACQ

I can understand that not everyone can afford inflating jackets. there is no way i would allow my kids on my boat without a jacket. Accidents can happen.

5.5 mtr cabin boat. They might be uncomfortable but every other comp that i know of makes it mandatory. There must be a reason for this.

Still if i was organising the event i would not leave anything to chance. If you go above and beyond requirements your rear end is more covered. How guilty would the organisers feels not to mention whats the legal perspective if something does happen. And if some accident did happen would a great event like this continue to run

Just my opinion.

ABT rules you must wear a pdf when underway. i suppose this is more practical than all the time.

Feral wrote:

Feral = Correct: When you sign that part of the form you confirm everything is in order. There will be no formal inspection. Your boat need not be at the registration.

Angus

Archived