2 man catamaran to convert into a power boat

sax

Hi,

I have a 2 person catamaran which is currently sitting in my backyard slowly falling to pieces.:(

I was thinking about adding an outboard and turning it into a little river cruiser.B)

has anyone heard of this being done? or know whats required as far as modifying and registering the boat goes?

Any info would be most appreciated. even if you just want to tell me its a stupid idea!!:blush:

Andy

The one the sailing club has is an old Nacra 5.8 with a transom built on the the rear of the hulls. Its cable pull steering and has a helm station, but is a fair size boat to start with.

I remember seeing some pictures of one though where they had put a solid floor where the tramp would go, put some seats on pedestals, a huge ice box behind the seats and just slung a small outboard from the rear cross member with a tiller extension handle.

I think they would make great insure fishing platforms, and as for rego it would be a power boat so over the 4hp rating it would need to be registered.

i have thought about something similar but every body tells me i'm nuts, i want a sail boat around 26-27 foot, get rid of the mast and bolt on a clip on, like a 70-115 yep just like in the tv add a few years ago, i rekn it would handle the bay chop ok and with room to move as well, so i say go for it

Archived