Sight Casting for Yellas

Dinodadog

Tried a few old and some new methods out at the dam this morning. Started fishing with s/baits only to find the fish unwilling to join in the fun, so after half an hour changed to green g/vibe for instant hookup on a bass, then repeated this again shortly after for another bass. Decided to give the s/bait another workout which resulted in another bass. While walking the banks I noticed a yella cruising in the underwater jungle, so I put a cast a couple of meters in front of him and slowly retreived the lure back towards him, when it went past he had a swipe at it but missed, so I repeated the process again and bam wam thankyou mam I had a yella. I thought to myself gee this is OK lets see if we can find another and within 10mins I found a bit bigger yella cruising, only prob this time when I pulled the lure back past the fish it spooked him and he moved further out into deeper water, so I waited about 2mins and he was back where I could see him and this time as the lure came past he nailed it.

Who would believe you could go sight casting for yellas, UNREAL as you can see I was a bit excited. Got a couple more bass after that.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

bass on g/vibe [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2y4b_001.JPG

post-1453-144598474766_thumb.jpg

The water's getting nicer hey Dino, I like the colour of that G vibe. A very underestimated lure . Probably because it has no Japanese writing on the packet some are not interested. I like the matte black one myself. They don't sink too fast so it's a bit easier to skim them across the tops of the weed.

Don't recognise that spot....hmmmmmm !!!

Rocket I could see the fish they actualy looked smaller in the water.

LGM I lost a couple of fish on sunday to the gold g/vibe and thats down the wall end of the dam

Brisfisher yes the poleroids make it easier and so does stealth

Shortie I was supposed to trout fish on the weekend but the mate got crook

Badboygibbo small yella was about 2.5lbs and the other about 4.5lbs I have got a lot bigger

werewolf still to get one of those

Andrew wellcome back, I asked Stu what happened to you

Mack Attack thanks mate

Ellicat I keep trying diff things all the time, might be just a slight adjustment to what you are doing

Dazzamcgee I'll be after some wild bass at my sons place at canungra soon

Username Taken it will be only small numbers each session for awhile

Archived