Offshore Sunday?

benno573

Hi all,

Struggling to make up my mind on this one. Do I tow the boat up the coast to hit offshore Mooloolaba early on Sunday or do I go chase whiting and muddies down the pin instead?

According to BOM Sunday will be 10kn variable with bugger all swell. Awesome. The surfing websites are suitably bored by the swell forecast which is always a good thing.

Windfinder suggests 12-15kn SE at Point Lookout for Sunday which is at the limit of my comfort levels for offshore.

Looking at the charts, I'm not sure anyone is right or wrong. Think it will be near impossible to get the forecast 100% right with the way the weather is at the moment, troughs, areas of low pressure... yeesh. Least the grass is getting watered for a change.

Anyone want to take a guess on their version of the forecast?

Cheers,

Benno

Brownies coastwatch is showing under 10 knots and picking up 10-15 in arvo with storm warning.

Seabreeze being pretty spot on lately

I reckon itl be glassed out most morning. Itl be busy though.

I have promised myself not to go fishing on full moon days hence why im not going. Il go mid next week. Espically after a bit of southerlys.

Shane

Unfortunately I do not have that luxury available. Sunday is the day for me.

Hopefully if we launch around 345-4am we might get a bit of space to ourselves. A bit of rain about generally keeps a few in bed as well.

Why not fish in the lead up to the full moon?

I nomally do fish lead up in winter but atm its really slow espically during day time.

Current was roaring today. I had few mates who went today.

I was going to go out tonight but mate bailed coz of storm warning.

Shane

Archived