What was your first lure caught fish?

mangler

Dunno if this counts.

About 55 years ago we used to fish last hour of run in tide in what is now Jack Evans boat harbour in tweed river. There used to be a few pipes through rock wall into the inlet and we used to tie a 1 inch by 3 inch bit of white rag onto a hand line and a pea sinker and jig it at exit of pipes for tailer. Used to go in December school holidays. we were put onto them by Len Thompson and Ron Bailey who were the local experts in those days. By catch used to be big bream and flathead.

Cheers

Ray

Moses Perch for me.

Was also my second and third fish! That was plastics. My first non Moses Perch plastic fish was a flatty (typical).

My first hardbody caught fish was a huge catty with jimmybob (cheers bro). Catty or no it was my first hardbody caught fish and it was huge! I was stoked. I caught a couple more that day and then the next weekend moved onto a pike and then a flatty.

Since then never looked back.

Always a time and a place for bait fishing in my opinion, but lures have won me over completely.

Cheers.

Angus

horse mackeral on a feather in the 70s english channel

redfin on a spinner in the 80s chislehurst ponds

pike on a plug in the 80s five arches

flathead on a sp in the 90s wello point

makeral on a spoon in the 90s magnetic island

dart on a slug in the 2000s bribie island

bass on a slug 2000s north pine dam

bass on a lipless crank 2000s north pine dam

yellow belly spinner bait 2000s north pine dam

hows that for a lure list

jason

faulked wrote:

horse mackeral on a feather in the 70s english channel

redfin on a spinner in the 80s chislehurst ponds

pike on a plug in the 80s five arches

flathead on a sp in the 90s wello point

makeral on a spoon in the 90s magnetic island

dart on a slug in the 2000s bribie island

bass on a slug 2000s north pine dam

bass on a lipless crank 2000s north pine dam

yellow belly spinner bait 2000s north pine dam

hows that for a lure list

jason

What about your mondy barra?

Cheers

Ray

A Bass or perch as they called them in crystal creek via m/bah nsw on nanas farm, in the sixties, it was caught on a floppy and was about three and a half pounds, I was trying to beat a fish my father pulled from the same hole a couple years earlier of six and a quarter pounds caught on worms.

Dinodadog wrote:

A Bass or perch as they called them in crystal creek via m/bah nsw on nanas farm, in the sixties, it was caught on a floppy and was about three and a half pounds, I was trying to beat a fish my father pulled from the same hole a couple years earlier of six and a quarter pounds caught on worms.

Hi Dino, I've been trying to get one of those Flopy lures. A mate has a dozen or more that he still uses. I saw some on ebay that went for $50 - 60. Too expensive for me.

• 5 months later...

I hate these posts :( But mine was a 2 pound brown trout caught in the barwon river Geelong vic on rod / reel and a lure I got in Germany for my 14th birthday :blink:

Back in 1974 first time I used it on arriving back to OZ Dam I was Glad to be home :)

see why I hate these posts make me feel old :(

Gaz

ps I still got the rod :P

My first was a trevally in the russel river south of cairns when i was 18, i trolled for the first time in my life and caught a good sized trevally on this one bend in the river, i trolled km's either way of this bend and nothing but every time i went over this bend i landed another one, i think i caught around 5 trevally, and 1 barra on the same lure on the same bend on the same day :))

Archived