Good news NPD to become part of SIP.

rayke1938

Browsing through the new recreational fishing regs and found this.

Effective 2 April 2009

Stocked Impoundment Permit scheme

* Three new dams will be part of the Stocked Impoundment Permit scheme-Fairbairn Dam (near Emerald), Theresa Creek Dam (near Clermont) and North Pine Dam (on Brisbane´s north side).

Cheers

Ray

Nothing to do with boating access scheme. Just means that everyone who is over 18 years old will have to have a SIP.

Two of the rangers are already accredited fishing inspectors with all their powers.

Next step will be Kurwongbah as I reckon all the meat fishos will move there.

Cheers

Ray

Cowfish13 wrote:

Can I ask what will this actually change?

Is it basicaly just you need a permit for 18+yrs? Or will other rules and regs come into place?

Thanks

if the dont enforce it..nothing will change except us "honest":dry: fishos will be paying to fish there:P

in the end, i just hope the fish are gunna be the winners

Cowfish13 wrote:

Bugger!.. was hoping it'd do a bit more than that:( Oh well, hopefully it'll atleast make people think twice about going and taking more than the limits.

But doesn't seem all that likely if there are no rangers or similar patroling

they could do it

I mean for example look at the security on the Port of Brisbane.

2 guys in a boat could hammer the area all day every day.

Is it what people want?

cheers

It's about time.

A dam so close to the city could have wonderful potential if the funds were spent wisely.

Look at places like Awoonga, they've obviously spent some seriouis coin there to make a fantastic place to take the family for the day.

They could use a little bit of the money to mow a few of my trails out there, I'm getting to old and tired to climb through that jungle.:P

Little Grey Men wrote:

It's about time.

A dam so close to the city could have wonderful potential if the funds were spent wisely.

Look at places like Awoonga, they've obviously spent some seriouis coin there to make a fantastic place to take the family for the day.

They could use a little bit of the money to mow a few of my trails out there, I'm getting to old and tired to climb through that jungle.:P

but if it's mowed, everyone will take your trail and it won't be your anymore, think of that? :)

cpetrie wrote:

Little Grey Men wrote:
It's about time.

but if it's mowed, everyone will take your trail and it won't be your anymore, think of that? :)

The more the merrier mate.....I also need someone to carry my back pack. :P

Little Grey Men wrote:

cpetrie wrote:
Little Grey Men wrote:
It's about time.

The more the merrier mate.....I also need someone to carry my back pack. :P

haha good one.:laugh:

hey, if u can take me to a descent freshwater spot with some good bass, i would carry your bag(if it doesn't weigh heaps, which it shouldn't considering tackle for bass consists of lures.

Dave

Back pack...contents

Harb bodied lures...one large tray

Metal lures....one small tray

Plastics......one small tray

jig heads....one small tray

Spinnerbaits...one small tray

First aid kit

Pliers

Forceps

Leatherman tool

braid scissors

Leader material

towel

wet shoes

phone

brag mat

camera

water

Folding landing net

It gets a little weighty !!!

I usually use a small party of tribesman and a donkey to carry my gear...one puts my backpack on top of his head while the rest carry general supplies. I'm in front wearing a safari suit weilding a machete.

I'll be hitting North Pine Dam pretty hard during the next three weeks.

I'll PM you my phone number... if you want to give me a call after Christams, we'll see if we can't get you onto some bass. But be prepared to stand in the water and don't scream if a lungfish rubs up against your leg.

Archived