brisbane river jew

rexy

thanks for your info last night

went down the river this afternoon and got a 47 cm jew on a soft plastic

this was two wins getting a jew in the fisrt place and getting it on a soft plastic

it was not a big jew but a weigher never the less

i have a photo on my fish

worthog

JEW FISH

AUTHOR.WORTHOG

ANGLER.WORTHOG

DATE.19/12/06

LOCATION. LOWER BRISBANE RIVER

SPECIES.JEWFISH

SIZE.47 CMS

BAIT.SQUIDGY WRIGGLER 55MM COLOR CARROT

AFTER GETTING A FEW POINTERS FROM THIS SITE ABOUT FISHING FOR JEW AND USING SOFT PLASTICS.I HEADED DOWN TO THE BRISBANE RIVER WITH MY TRUSTY BOAT.ANCHORED UP NEAR THE DROP OFF OF THE CHANNEL THRU OUT THE SOFT PLASTIC

I LET THE LINE OUT AND IT SANK DOWN ABOUT 5 METERS

THATS WHEN THE JEW GRABBED IT

WAS A THRILL TO CATCH THE JEW AND ON SOFT PLASICS ON MY FIRST ATTEMPT

worthog wrote:

JEW FISH

AUTHOR.WORTHOG

ANGLER.WORTHOG

DATE.19/12/06

LOCATION. LOWER BRISBANE RIVER

SPECIES.JEWFISH

SIZE.47 CMS

BAIT.SQUIDGY WRIGGLER 55MM COLOR CARROT

AFTER GETTING A FEW POINTERS FROM THIS SITE ABOUT FISHING FOR JEW AND USING SOFT PLASTICS.I HEADED DOWN TO THE BRISBANE RIVER WITH MY TRUSTY BOAT.ANCHORED UP NEAR THE DROP OFF OF THE CHANNEL THRU OUT THE SOFT PLASTIC

I LET THE LINE OUT AND IT SANK DOWN ABOUT 5 METERS

THATS WHEN THE JEW GRABBED IT

WAS A THRILL TO CATCH THE JEW AND ON SOFT PLASICS ON MY FIRST ATTEMPT

i just read your post here warthog does this mean you caught the jewie on your FIRST CAST!!!:S

i kinda know how you're feeling i have fond memories(1979-80) of a jewie i got at the end of the north wall of the tweed on an oldfashioned red and white feather jig not just first jew on lure but first ever fish on lure:woohoo: :woohoo:

that started a lifelong jewfish addiction;)

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2006/12/24 16:06

Jeff

I got my first one at luggage point brizzy river. never for get it. back then we use to jag mullet down there then put a full fillet on using 10 o hooks i just felt a few bumps it was night time i sat there for like 5 minutes nothing more.

so i reefed it and it took off like a steam train straight across the river i turned him around and brought him in and my mate put his fingers in his gills and brought him to me . now i went down there about twenty times before that happened i thought i must have been mad to go so many times but to see a jew about 10 to 12 kilo in the bag was worth it.such a beautiful fish often think about it.

Of couse no photo you will just have to take my word on it.

worthog wrote:

no i didnt it was about the fifth or sixth

i tried to put the photo with it but it didnt work tried to edit it and and sent it twice

after reading it again it does point to the fisrt cast

all set straight now

mate if you want to you can email me the photo I will post it for you. briandawson2@bigpond.com.au

But your story about the Jew is so often the case. Every article and every story tells about hours and hours or within ten min's. If I had a choise I'd take the mins.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/12/24 20:01

Archived