[RESOLVED] IE7 tabs going nuthouse (only in AFO)

werewolf

I've experianced this annoying bug on two PC's now (both IE7, Vista32) where if you have a couple of tabs of AFO open, it suddenly starts spawning blank tab after blank tab after blank tab… (well I think they are blank but my net can't handling try to download AFO to 50+ tabs at once) until you kill off explorer intask manager. Very frustrating! I suspect it is an IE7 issue as I haven't seen it once on FF3. It's a pain though when you have opened all your unread threads into new tabs, and it melts explorer down!

BTW, AFO is the only site I have seen this on and it was particularly bad last night at the same time that AFO was SUPER SLOW. Maybe other users were experiancing this and it was a huge bandwidth drain? Ie if 100 users all suddenly have 50-100 tabs opening on them...

Ok I assume tabs are new windows and if that is the case then I had it happen yesterday or Monday, forget which. Im on Win 2000 pro and IE6 though and it wasn't on this site that it happened.

I have been poking around in places I know I should be and did pick a trojan a few weeks back which caused some havoc. The only software I have changed/upgraded is spybot S&D if that is a possible?

Archived