I'm New!!

GrantP

Hi Grant and welcome.

I'm sorry to say it but very few people are going to freely offer up hard earned GPS marks especially to a new newbie.

I would PM you a few but I don't fish inside the bay as it is too hit and miss for me.

I went through much the same problem when I first got a boat but perservered and learned how to use my sounder properly and found my own spots. I'm kind of glad people didn't give me marks as it felt far more rewarding finding my own spots.

Marinews:

/>http://www.marinews.com/fishing_gps_listing.php?sid=112#

is a very handy guide for general marks to narrow your search.

I have found some great spots within a couple of hundred meters of some of the marks listed.

Hope this helps.

Dom

hi Dom,

Thanks for your info.

I totally appreciate that people have their 'golden marks' and don't want to share them. Those you have supplied will be a good start for me :)

I'm still trying to get to grips with my sounder, and in fact I seem to catch fish where the sounder shows nothing, and catch nothing when something shows (now assuming it's debris in the water?), so I'm a little confused with it at the moment!! ...still early days though! :)

GrantP wrote:

hi Dom,

Thanks for your info.

I totally appreciate that people have their 'golden marks' and don't want to share them. Those you have supplied will be a good start for me :)

I'm still trying to get to grips with my sounder, and in fact I seem to catch fish where the sounder shows nothing, and catch nothing when something shows (now assuming it's debris in the water?), so I'm a little confused with it at the moment!! ...still early days though! :)

Further to my last, you will prob pick up more points on how to use a sounder as opposed to exact GPS marks ;)

Angus

Hi

I'm new to Kayak fishing in SEQ and also to this site. I am finding a new fishing fraternity that is both friendly and very helpful to all. I have been down the track of sounders and GPS marks before in Nth. Qld now I plan to just get out there, explore and learn from listening,looking and experimenting.

Kc:

GrantP wrote:

Hey all!

I'm a newbie around here, and looking to soak up some serious info!!

You'll find it here

I need some good GPS points to get me started, as all I can find at the moment are small squire (moreton bay)

Not unusual this time of year but there are some tricks, get out there early, live bait and trolling.

Try sharking this time of year.

Any help very much appreciated!

Regards

Grant

Archived