North Pine Dam

Jords

Some stage over the weekend i am looking at going for a land-based trip around the shores of either Forgan Cove, Bulocky Rest or MacGavin View. Looking aroun midday untill like 4 or 5 in the arvo. If any1 knows any good spots please share.

Paricularly any advice from Troy Matt or Timbo

Post edited by: Jords, at: 2007/01/03 19:43

I have caught fish at all of these spots, I think your best strategy out there at the moment is to keep moving until u find where the fish are schooled up. Macgavins view seems to be deeper to me than the other spots and is also the only place I have caught Yellowbelly at, as it has good rocky areas. Have caught bass, jew and Tilapia in all three spots, and have probably caught most of my bass at Forgan cove especially if u walk a bit and get in line with the island thats there

Post edited by: Aaron H, at: 2007/01/03 19:44

i know quite well about the mud. i sunk past my knee's trying to clean up some deserted traps some 10m from the sure - i should have known better.

Thanks tons for the help mate - will make sure to post my results.

I thing I will give MacGavs a go and see how i do.

Is it like a gate or a hole in the fence you have to sneak through - just want to chek so i can give mum the full details so that she doesnt back out on taking me because she thinks it is unsafe.

Jords wrote:

Cool.

Mum Has given the OK so weather permitting that is where i will be headed. If it rains over the weekend dad can probably take me on monday

They are obviously the ones on the left.

Post edited by: Jords, at: 2007/01/03 20:27<br><br>Post edited by: Jords, at: 2007/01/03 20:32

if it rains and ur going on monday i may see u there...im planning on going there on monday

Post edited by: Gerty_92, at: 2007/01/03 21:01

Im pretty sure bass would hit all those lures. Maybe the dark pruple one might have a bit to large of a bib. However there are some pretty steep drop off in that dam so it could even be a good thing especially for yellas. Only one way to fine out!

Angus

Those Spinnerbaits in Gold and White would be your best bet. Let them plumit to the bottom then whip them up hard then just slow roll them in about half a meter to a meter off the bottom.

The White one looks like it has a lighter head on it so use that in shallow water or when the Bass are suspended in the top half of the water column in deeper water. The Gold one looks heavier so use that for deeper water near the bottom.

Remember to get some stinger hooks also. Gamakatsu make probably the best ones and are $5 for a packet of 5 and they come with some tube to keep the hook straight behind the normal hook. They will increase your hook up rate by a lot. Stinger hooks are perfectly staight so they don't wobble around like a normal hook would.

Troy

I have already got some stinger hooks.

But I was wondering why you suggested the white and cgold?? I have caught many decent fish in borumba in the camo one.

I am also looking at buying a few more colours so what other colours are good - purple???

Archived