Braided line

Dave

Hello all, only new to site and I am just about to try some braided line for the first time.

How much harder is it to use?

Do you need to rig up in any special way?

Any help would be great, also help on fishing spots around Tweed area would be a great help.

Thanks Dave..

Got to be more careful with your knots, maybe learn some new ones.

Often it is brightly coloured, which means you need to use a trace so the fish dont see it, although many will do so anyway as the braid is not very abrasion resistant, and to give a bit of shock absorption.

Good call Simon - it's a great book.

As to much harder - it depends what rig you are using.

If it's an egg beater - not much harder but way better.

If overhead then it' a litle harder, the birds next a worse and again dependong on the reel, due to fine diamater you could loose some down the side of the spool. But I feel it's still better.

Not so sure it's better for sharks but - no stretch menas must have drag just right and not use too much preasure with the thumb.

Guest IcEkNiGhT

yah it is alright book. i fished with him when i was living in geelong east,... if i remember correctly he got a fine for littering when he strung a heap of cans together to catch octopus :P how unlucky :)

• 4 months later...

Dave wrote:

also help on fishing spots around Tweed area would be a great help.

Thanks Dave..

I have always caught bream at night at terranora inlet, on a high tide. They are only small but plenty of them.

Try the jetty at the boat ramp on Kennedy drive.

If there is a high tide due at 8pm i will usually start at around 6pm and get around 15-20 small bream in a few hours.

They are very small!

If you are bored around 10.30-11pm the dolphins come in to feed under the bridge late in the night, it ruins the fishing but is great to see. It scared the shit out of me the first time as i was quite close to the water when there was a huge splash and a fin appeared!!!

Good luck!

Archived