death ship in dry dock

noname

seeing as this ship is in the dry dock in the brisbane river, would it not hurt to get as many involved in an on water protest in front of the dry dock, seeing as they obviously don't want people to see the extent of the problem as they have schhed people away, might be your only chance to show your disgust in this whole episode and it's handling. might be something to think about.

the last place i want to be is close to that bloody thing, it's about getting the public to see that recreational fisho's are prepared to be seen heard, act within the law to try and put pressure on the govt to not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk, moreton bay is a pretty good place to have some access to and i think a lot of people take it for granted most of the time.me included.

jeff, i was there last night, got told to get to the bank. when we went to brekky creek they were getting a ship out of the dry dock while they were preparing the {death ship}to be placed in there.when comming back to the ramp, the ship that was in there was moored beside a dock and lines were being fastened as if it was the next to go in.good for the tourists on cruise ships comming in as this is where it was placed last night, while preperations were being made. but i'll check tonight when i go down there.

Just went down there tonight with my better half to get an icecream from portside.

The lump of shit does not appear to be in dry dock. It looks like its moored just down from the passenger terminal. The smell of oil in the air is overpowering.

You can drive to within about 50m of it and there appears to be minimal security. I say screw peaceful protest it doesn't get attention or results. If we could form a 100+ strong mob we could easily overpower any security and storm the ship. Nothing would send a message like the charred corpse of the captain hanging from the bridge. Just dreaming... but you can probably tell how pissed off I am.

I also have sweet dreams of all people responsible being tarred and feathered and put into a swimming pool of oil and told to swim. They would quickly learn what the sea birds feel like.

there was a flury of activity going on there last night, rushed to get the ship that was in there out, red 1 across the other side moored up, people running everywhere an hour after it was tied up, probably don't want heavy fuel in the drydock. this just keeps getting worse.

i worked in the drydock for a while i know what it takes to get one ship out and another in

they have to flood the dock then remove the loch gate get the ship out

replace the loch gate. then the pump the dock out takes 12 hours

get the shipwrights drawings of the ship going in so they can set the keel stands up for that ship(everyone is different)this can take up to 3 days for an average set up

reflood the dock( this has to be done slowly so as not to push the stands around and damage structures in the dock)

remove the gate and drag the busted one in replace the gate and pump out again

it's a bloody big job

Archived