NPD Hits 50%

shayned

apologies if this has already been asked and answered (or if I have not read the conditions on the application correctly:blush: ), but

what happens to the funds of the people who miss out on the ballot?

do you get a refund if you are not lucky enough to get a permit?

Thanks

Rocket

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indications are that there could be a ballot for the 300 PRFMA permits. This being the case then it is pot luck if you get one, there is NO guarantee that any particular person will be issued a permit. If you miss out your money will be refunded promptly by the PRFMA.:angry:

All be warned ,the ramp currently to be used is unsealed single boat,can be boggy and is steep. the nearest paking is more than 200 metres and is single file away so the the 50th unit could be the best part of 2 k's from the ramp and it's all uphill one way. even if the dam goes over 60% the road is bitumen but still only single vehcle launching.just thought you'ld like to know:ohmy:

BrisBassMan wrote:

Anyone know what type of photo is required. Does it have to be a actual passport photo or just something similar taken with my own camera. I would assume it only needs to show clearly my face so that it can be matched in the event of an inspection.

Cheers

Just any passport style photo showing your hear. hers is copy of my old one to give you an idea what they look like.

Cheers

Ray

Looking at other Impoundment Usage rates in SEQ it would be impossible to recieve 1000 applications. Even 500 would be highly unlikely, around 300 would seem possible.

Although more than a few fishos would enjoy the place, the rules regarding types of water craft, access and behaviour, combined with cost will reduce the numbers applying.

shayned wrote:

Looking at other Impoundment Usage rates in SEQ it would be impossible to recieve 1000 applications. Even 500 would be highly unlikely, around 300 would seem possible.

Although more than a few fishos would enjoy the place, the rules regarding types of water craft, access and behaviour, combined with cost will reduce the numbers applying.

Yeah it would be nice to go in to the low 200's. Get a bit of loot for stocking etc for the PRFMA, not to many boats that you cant get on the lake. Either way definitely worth tossing your hat in the ring, if you dip out you'll get your loot back pretty quick.

They have had 90mil of rain at Lyndhurst Station at Dayborough that has to be worth another few % to the water level.

Get your applications in quickly. It will be the best $100 you have ever spent.Catches of over 40 bass in a session were quite frequent and all good size.

Cheers

Ray

werewolf wrote:

Just looked at the Map on the PRFMA info sheet. You would only have access to a small arm above the lake :huh:

You want to try rowing it when your batteries go flat. Its not the size of the area its what is in it that counts.

If the area was to extend further you would need at least 3 X 120 ah batteries and then you would be pushing it if the wind was up.

The first year that the BAS was operational the allowed area was only half the current size.

Cheers

Ray

I went to the post office and got some passport photos done...makes you a bit depressed when the old lady growls " Don't smile " they were a lot bigger than the box on the form. I sent them anyway. If need be I might have to scan one and resize it.

Didn't have time on the day as I was too excited about getting the application in.

Archived