Morteon Bay Couchie

Brian D

Terry and I will be hitting the bay tommorrow early but due to forcast it will be a restricted trip.

Plan is to meet at the Redland Bay Coast Guard Ramp at abot 4.00am. Throw the cast net and get some livies - all prawns are staying with the captian for his trip on Monday.

Then deepending on the wind I think we'll be heading to Potts point where I was lucky with mackeral this time last year, so trolling for a bit. Terry if you have any Silver,Blue,Purple, Black lures that flash bring them along, if not don't worry I gat a couple.;)

Then depending o the wind head to Straddie or Couchie for some sharking. Now Terry you won't need your harness, If we get something big enough we'll just lift the anchor and let it pull us round the bay till it gets buggered.

You might like to bring a SP or light outfit for baby squire as a last resort. But please keep it to 3 or 4 rods if you can. You know the boat, so you can have the same side as last time.

Also terry if you have an airator can you bring that, cause if we get prawns mine is staying in the prawns.

Sould be good - watch for the photos

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/27 13:44

record I took 4 rods and 1 tackle box - Terry bought along a friggin workshop for shark traces.

Feral - I doing a hubby and wife Hinze Dam Monday - got about 100 live prawns. She use to fish with me in the Tweed but got bored with GT's, Jacks and School Jew. hopefully she'll get a kick out of Aussie Bass.

Archived