Fishing The River The Past Few Months!

Slick

got a few snaps from fishing the brissie river over the summer and the last few weeks.

first snap is this Pike Eel i jagged at Brett's Wharf in February whilst chasing Sharks. I'm just over 6'3 and this eel was easily 6ft. I had two 10/0 hooks ganged holding a whole mullet and he swallowed both of them entirely.

pikeeelheadlessedit.jpg

I'll upload a few more over the next day or two.

post-4259-144598495444_thumb.jpg

chris_stewart14 wrote:

Hahaha this isn't an adult dating website mate I dont get the need for privacy unless your a fugitive of the law, but whopper pike eel anyway.. You should've kept him and released him into your neighbours swimming pool.

thats just mean chris, what did his poor neighbours do to you?

chris_stewart14 wrote:

Hahaha this isn't an adult dating website mate I dont get the need for privacy unless your a fugitive of the law, but whopper pike eel anyway.. You should've kept him and cut him up for shark bait.

His missus doesn't know he's addicted to P.........ike eel!! :laugh:

righto, well rather than starting a new thread i thought i just post in this one again.

went breaky creek last night and fished off the pontoon there from 7pm till about 2am. managed 1 crab, 6 or 7 largish catfish, and 5 small jewies. thanks to the boys who gave me some of their live bait when they left. i put one of the big banana prawns on a 10/0 and threw it out. ten minutes later...tap tap tap, zzzzzzzzz. i let it run, then, tightened my drag to set the hook and snap. lost everything. disappointment.

I got snapped off twice in a row a few weeks ago after pulling in a very small threadie. With the immortal words of "where there is small ones, there are big ones"! Don't know what wrecked the line but my suspicions rest on daddy threadie! I also caught a pike eel the other night, across the river in bulimba, it was only about four feet but bloody hell did it fight all the way to the wall. If you drop a torch off the side after dark, the eels are easy to spot scavenging between the rocks in and out of the water! Nice work!

Archived