Naming your boat......

GrantP

reasemble the letters of your kids names into something

my current boat is called x-rays.... because i bought it off ray

the one before was called abyssmal....because thats how we did most of the time

the one before that was a sharkcat called kato's pussy (my nick name is kato)

i worked on one called FeBRINA... steel hull FE built by brian BRINA

We've just got a boat for the family...6m aluminium halfcabin.

We used my late father's superannuation to buy it (cause we all know super's not doing to well in this economy so we thought we'd use it for something we could all enjoy).

So we are naming the boat "Terry's Super"...both cause terry was super, and his super was used to pay for it :-)

It'll get the locals in our small town talking anyway :laugh:

Nat

I have always planned to get a large inboard ski boat one day and call it 'Screamin Seamen'. And the other I have planned is for my sailing cat when I venture around the Whitsundays on long service leave and it will be called 'Wet Dream'.

Just some food for thought, and no you cant have them!

When my daughter was young (can;t recall what it was) but something took off at a great rate of knots and I turned to my daughter and said it's Absconded she looked puzzled so I added run away, taken off well she cracked up and that was the start of it she still uses the term :woohoo: as do I

So it seemed a fitting name so "Absconded" was born :)

Gaz

Mine is Sole-searching as it was already named when I got it and the boss wont let me change it to Overseaer as that was my job when I bought it. Ones I have seen and like are On Site then you can say I an going to be "on site"all weekend and the mrs would think I am at work,or the office and Offical business.

Yoodles82 wrote:

We've just got a boat for the family...6m aluminium halfcabin.

We used my late father's superannuation to buy it (cause we all know super's not doing to well in this economy so we thought we'd use it for something we could all enjoy).

So we are naming the boat "Terry's Super"...both cause terry was super, and his super was used to pay for it :-)

It'll get the locals in our small town talking anyway :laugh:

Nat

i like how this name came about a interesting story i reckon :)

• 6 months later...

i bought my first kayak and after a while i caught a nice little jack out of it and i liked to go crab potting out of it so i called it jack pot

#1 because of the mangrove jack and crabpot

#2 because everytime i fish out of it i hit the JACK POT :P :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer: :lol::) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived