big bream at Scarborough

plugger

sunday around 9:30 left Scarborough boat harbour and decided to target some spawning bream. fished the outside reef first and picked up 4 bream averaging 28cm, then as the tide moved in so did i, it payed off fishing the shallows as i scored a p.b bream for Scarborough over 40cm to the tip and around 37.5cm to the fork.caught on a gulp shrimp, 1/20 TT jig head using straight through 2lb f.c on a luvias 1003 and a samurai reaction 101 rod. had fun landing him and felt even better letting them swim away at the end of the session.

cheers troy

p.s dont think the photo's do it any justice but [img size=515]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/1-e11625e182855763c11d1b38d14969c8.JPG

post-2530-14459849916_thumb.jpg

nice bream mate

i took your leccy for its maiden voyage yesterday, no dramas at all handled the job fine until the wind picked up and drifting became a pipedream lol

i still cant believe how wide your boat is for its length, from those shots it looks much bigger than a 445!

nadders wrote:

nice bream mate

i took your leccy for its maiden voyage yesterday, no dramas at all handled the job fine until the wind picked up and drifting became a pipedream lol

i still cant believe how wide your boat is for its length, from those shots it looks much bigger than a 445!

great to hear mate,hope it wasn't too much trouble to install. can be tricky with strong wind. yeah the boat is deceptive, from the outside looks small but from the back wide and deep

Do$tylz wrote:

thats awesome mate. I'm gonna have to get my yak out to scarborough or redcliffe with all these reports coming in.

How do you find the samurai rods? I've heard some good things about them but I haven't seen them in person yet.

hey mate,

the samurai's are fantastic rods, ive got 2 myself. great build quality and the 101 is a great breaming rod.

they come with the best components and they are flawlessly built

fishyman wrote:

Do$tylz wrote:
thats awesome mate. I'm gonna have to get my yak out to scarborough or redcliffe with all these reports coming in.

How do you find the samurai rods? I've heard some good things about them but I haven't seen them in person yet.

hey mate,

the samurai's are fantastic rods, ive got 2 myself. great build quality and the 101 is a great breaming rod.

they come with the best components and they are flawlessly built

yes i agree the rod's perform very well, problem is it's now become my favourite setup and tend to neglect the other's :laugh:

Do$tylz wrote:

yeah its a great spot for yaks, there were a few out on sunday but they didnt seem to get amoung the fish, maybe you can show them how its done :)

fishyman wrote:

plugger wrote:
fishyman wrote:
nice one troy

you fishing goldy dash for cash?

thanks tom.yeah mate going to give it a shot, should be a great event plenty of boats i hope. i hear you are entering?

Yeah mate entering with grayson

who you entering with?

andrew hughes also new to tournament fishing, he has done a few abt events. anyway will be in my little boat so should be interesting.

Archived