DAMIKI Armor Shads rock Caloundra

Biggles

Yesterdays report a day late.

5:00am this morning and it was damn cold, I had to put the heater on for a few minutes before I left and that was just to thaw out my toes. Lee and Nodds decided on the arvo session on the stinker. Jason, Paul & Greg piked it like girls which left Damo and I as the only 2 regular Sunny Coast crew to have a crack at the blinker today. We welcomed Joel (Cobraprofish) & Alex a couple of the new young fellas (the future) who trolled with us but only as far as Brays, how did you go fellas??

Being the sook that I am I was feeling the cold a bit today but all that was about to change. Approaching Brays I heard Joel holla out Aaarh I JUST GOT SMOKED, he had no sooner got the words out of his mouth and Bang zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz my snapper stick bucked right back and the real screamed, as I fumbled with the cold and the adrenalin I had this horrible sinking feeling that this fish wasn't swimming the way it should be, I looked at my sounder and confirmed I'm in 6.5mtrs of water and I'm dragging a 8mtr Hyper Viper, great and now it belongs to the rock monster.

We arrived at the blinker at almost 6:30am and I went straight for my "Go To" lure, the 5" Damiki Armor Shad in red. I threw up current and allowed it to sink slowly making sure there was no slack in the line, BANG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thump thump zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Damo looks at me in disgust and says are you on already??, yep, not long after I had my first snapper for the season going a handsome 62cm.

We were getting a few touches and bumps but no more hook ups, then a stinker motored in stayed 2 mins and left, then everything shut down :amazed: the buggas do it all the time. Damo and I upped stumps and headed back to Brays with Damo asking if a yakker counts as not having a donut.

As the breeze dropped we found ourselves fishing in glassed out conditions which was simply beautiful. We saw turtles & whales and just floated around without a care in the world. I had changed lures several times throughout the day getting plenty of touches but no hook ups. Back to the 5" Armor Shad with immediate success when a little barnacle muncher climbed all over it. It was right on the top of the tide and the second cast in produced another 50cm snapper.

I headed over to find Damo had a nice little snapper of his own and the dreaded donut was averted. We headed for home not long after and we deliberately remembered out mates that couldn't be with us today, some of them even got a phone call on the way home. All up had a great morning on the water with Damo and look forward to the next session.

Regards

Al

P6300010.jpg

P6300013.jpg

P6300024.jpg

P6300036.jpg

P6300046.jpg

P6300048.jpg

P6300058.jpg

Do$tylz wrote:

Great report :)

half an hour only?? I'm sure I can do that. Will have to get myself a PFD and get out there.

If we head out together, you can use mine if you want, lol

Al: nice snapper. Atomic it up and you could have had multiple snapper. :P

Maybe Sunday?

Terry H wrote:

Do$tylz wrote:
Great report :)

half an hour only?? I'm sure I can do that. Will have to get myself a PFD and get out there.

If we head out together, you can use mine if you want, lol

Al: nice snapper. Atomic it up and you could have had multiple snapper. :P

Maybe Sunday?

wtf :ohmy: are you still allowed to fish??, hows the lasso??, even the big D has gone all softy softy on the stinker :woohoo:

Al

Archived