NPD 15/7/09

rayke1938

Hi all, As Dino said , I got a small bass 40cm but full of roe making it the fattest little female in the obese stakes. The yella dressed up nicely and it would have been nice to have taken home some redclaws but there is someone on the water who thinks that sharefarming in the way to get a feed. We've got a pretty fair idea who it is so watch this space this time next week. The doer had better duck !!! :angry: Ian

Angus wrote:

Victor! Get your arse into gear and post :P

Angus

Well I suppose that leaves me no option but to de-lurk. Hi guys.

Met Ray signing out after what was a quite frustrating day out on the water. Took my friend Mike out tring to get his first NPD bass. He was keen as so hit the cold misty water by 6:30. Been having a fair bit of success in the shallows <10m on napjarus so trolled down the edges down to my redclaw pots, got 3 hits but none stuck for more than a couple of secs. Checked the pots for a good haul of 60 redclaw - sounds like sharefarmers must have filled up on wallyflys pots before they got to mine. Spent the rest of the morning trolling around with no joy so headed back. Fortunately on our return the ramp was in use so did a circuit of the boom and Mike picked up a 46cm FL bass (sorry pic is on his camera). I suppose you got to be lucky sometimes.

Probably will take my sons out on Sunday to check the pots and have a quick fish. I'm currently working on getting them fully addicted to fishing, seems to be working so far... IMGP1129_AFO.jpg

rayke1938 wrote:

Thanks for report . That is a nice bass in the photo.

Cheers

rAY

Thanks Ray, it is a nice bass, think it went a bit over 45cm FL. It was a rotten day, wet and windy, but the boys picked up 2 each of that size... they certainly made up for getting soaked to the bone.

Victor

Archived