NPD 27/7/09 Coming Good ? ( For Some)

rayke1938

Went to NPD this am with Graham Pflaum and noname.

Did out redclaw pots for average results ( about 1/2 bucket full).

Noname cleaned up with a nice yella and a bass all caught on river 2 sea baby cranks. No intersst on bait.Got quite windy at the end but good day with good company and learnt the bow and arrow trick from noname.

Cheers

Ray P7270622_AFO.jpg

rayke1938 wrote:

Went to NPD this am with Graham Pflaum and noname.

Did out redclaw pots for average results ( about 1/2 bucket full).

Noname cleaned up with a nice yella and a bass all caught on river 2 sea baby cranks. No intersst on bait.Got quite windy at the end but good day with good company and learnt the bow and arrow trick from noname.

Cheers

Ray

Would that be a de-snagging method Ray ? If not, then fess up :laugh:

Its a technique I have used for a few years, blowed if I know where they would need it on NPD though! I am intrigued !

(Its when you have no room for a back cast and you use the rod as a "bow" bent forward whilst holding the tip, released topropel the lure forwards to where you want it to go. Like a slingshot if you will.)

Not worth a report of its own so I'll tag my one and only on here. Well done to Rob seems like the topwater is still the only chance of a hookup. I trolled right through a heap of birds working an area and never got a touch and never seen a fish on the sounder, they must of been very shallow.

learnt the bow and arrow trick from Noname.

Its a desnagging trick.

Maybe Noname will elaborate if I get it wrong .

Basically it is to put tension on the line and then draw back on line as if you are shooting an arrow and release it. This causes the line to whip back towards the lure and flick it off the snagged obstacle.

Cheers

Ray

The bow and arrow trick does work, especially if you use crushed barbs on lures. Another one I use is to just tap the butt of the rod repeatedly and that can sometimes do the same thing. The energy transfers down the end of the line and pushes the hooks out of the snag........sometimes !!!

When using expensive lures these tricks sure come in handy...because the last resort is to swim for them.

Absolutely works!! Many lures have made their way back to my tackle box from it. Fits third in the order of 1-5. 1. holding the rod high and banging the butt with your fist to try to jig it free. 2. Working different angles and getting over the top of it. 3. Whiplashing the line to shock it free. 4. Trying to pull it free with as much pressure as the line can take before breaking. 5. Tackleback!

I thought you were refering to the bow and arrow cast of casting like a sling shot for under low lying trees and up close to structure where 9/10 you'll overcast.

rayke1938 wrote:

Its a desnagging trick.

Basically it is to put tension on the line and then draw back on line as if you are shooting an arrow and release it. This causes the line to whip back towards the lure and flick it off the snagged obstacle.

Cheers

Ray

you got it ray

noname wrote:

rayke1938 wrote:

Its a desnagging trick.

Cheers

Ray

you got it ray

He learnt that one back in the day when they still lived in caves LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dinodadog wrote:

Not worth a report of its own so I'll tag my one and only on here. Well done to Rob seems like the topwater is still the only chance of a hookup. I trolled right through a heap of birds working an area and never got a touch and never seen a fish on the sounder, they must of been very shallow.
i couldn't tell ya mate, never saw the sounder all day. :laugh: the skipper always seems to find em though, thanks ray. ;) caves ay! you fool. lmao.

Archived