Mooloabah today 10/8/09

Gazza

Rumrunner and mysef left Riverview @ a casual time of 7am a quick stop to buy some new flares and on the water about 9.30 headed straight to the 12 mile in near perfect conditions :)

First drift saw Ian break his PB snapper a nice 45cm job

DSCI0017AFO.jpg

Then again another keeper

DSCI0019AFO.jpg

Then finally I got a PB Mosses perch 40 odd cm :woohoo:

DSCI0025AFO.jpg

Things went quiet for a while so we started to burley up using old pillies and it wasn't long and I nailed a 51 cm Snap :)

DSCI0044AFO.jpg

Shortly after Ian was on to a good fish :woohoo: not to be out done he got this muther

DSCI0033AFO.jpg

It was a horse of a Pearlie and a first so a PB for Ian (well done and well fought)

and using a 1/0 hook :woohoo:

DSCI0034AFO.jpg

another

DSCI0037AFO.jpg

Then things went crazy we had a 4 way hook up with only 2 of us it was fun :woohoo:

results Ian with a new PB again this time a 50cm job

DSCI0052AFO.jpg

and another 48 cm and I got smoked on one and landed a 49cm job

DSCI0048AFO.jpg

The whole day was just great and to top it off we had whales breeching and tail slapping close by :)

it was just a great day out with a Mate and some good fish

Last couple the haul

DSCI0057AFO.jpg

and finaly a Man and his PBs

DSCI0059AFO.jpg

What a happy camper he is :)

Some of the pics might be out of order but forgot which one was next lol

Cheers Gaz thanks for reading

Angus wrote:

Great Pearly! Do you know approx what sort of depth.

We had to work hard for any pearlies last time!

Angus

yeah it was in 108-118ft along the hole drift on the 12 mile reef off caloundra. (im thinking its was just rite place rite time)

the pearly was caught on my std reef setup (running sinker ontop of hook!)20lb mono and a cheap reel and a uglystick rod and we only used pillies and squid from the local guy near the ramp! used as strips,whole and halfs and a mixer here and there

i stil can get ova landing him with the 1/0 hook !!! :woohoo:

cheers Ian. ;)

Thanks for your comments :)

just a few tid bits ;) The drift was near perfect , all fish caught on pillies and squid

and don't be caught tap tap tapppppppp tapppppppp Bl@@dy pikers have a go @ hooking him for live bait ;) well what followed was typical constant wiggle on the line yeah got the little shit :P 3 turns of the handle and holey shit :woohoo: took off stripping 30ld braid like nothin finally wham trying to slow it out pops the hook Smoked :angry::angry: so be warey of little taps ;)

We drifted all day and burlyed most of the day with pillies :)

but it was hit and miss the fish were roaming round never in the same spot just had to look for some show of fish or good ground :) we drifted over the mark of the 4 way hook up 3 times for no fish :blink:

thats fishing I spose :huh:

Cheers Gaz

Gazza wrote:

and don't be caught tap tap tapppppppp tapppppppp Bl@@dy pikers have a go @ hooking him for live bait ;) well what followed was typical constant wiggle on the line yeah got the little **** :P 3 turns of the handle and holey **** :woohoo: took off stripping 30ld braid like nothin finally wham trying to slow it out pops the hook Smoked :angry::angry: so be warey of little taps ;)

Thats classic signs of an AJ bite. They always nibble, then bam they switch on the afterburners and they are off.

Archived