New Recreational Access Policy for SEQ Dams

shayned

Just a few comments.

Why cant they do it in a printer friendly format. Reckon it would condense into around 3 or 4 pages and save ink and paper?

Looks like user pays on every dam.

standardised boating permit? will one permit give access to all dams also what will the policy be? Seems to be too hard if its standardised across all dams does this mean open go for jet skis and 2 strokes or will the dams where they are currently allowed now be closed to them.

Impact on current users/clubs etc if its going to be on a user pays basis it would be beyond the financial capabilities of the smaller groups to continue to operate.

Maybe to recreational use of these bodies should be under a government dept and not be subject to the financial whims of SEQ water who are making no bones about the fact that the recreational use these bodies of water are not part of their core business.

Cheers

Ray

You blokes need to understand how these things work.

1. They have made up their mind what they are going to do.

2. They need to put some change management in place to make the punters feel warm and fuzzy about the changes

3. They work backwards from the end result, putting "frameworks" and "Guides" in place that they know will give the required answers when applied.

4. They release the guides and frameworks, with no explanation of how they will be applied, get agreement from all that they are a good and fair idea. (this is where we are currently). Lots of "comms" consultation periods, feedback oportunities etc etc.

5. Then they "apply" the guides and frameworks, bit sad doesn't give people what they want, but everyone agreed they were the best way to manage it, so they will stick with it.

6. You've got what they originally decided you were going to get, but you feel all warm and fuzzy because you were consulted, it was done through a transparent process agreed to by all, and you were even consulted on what that process would be, how good is that?

• 3 weeks later...

Feral wrote:

You blokes need to understand how these things work.

1. They have made up their mind what they are going to do.

2. They need to put some change management in place to make the punters feel warm and fuzzy about the changes

3. They work backwards from the end result, putting "frameworks" and "Guides" in place that they know will give the required answers when applied.

4. They release the guides and frameworks, with no explanation of how they will be applied, get agreement from all that they are a good and fair idea. (this is where we are currently). Lots of "comms" consultation periods, feedback oportunities etc etc.

5. Then they "apply" the guides and frameworks, bit sad doesn't give people what they want, but everyone agreed they were the best way to manage it, so they will stick with it.

6. You've got what they originally decided you were going to get, but you feel all warm and fuzzy because you were consulted, it was done through a transparent process agreed to by all, and you were even consulted on what that process would be, how good is that?

It doesn't work that way surely? :unsure:

oh my....what a pretty document.....

i think i might pop that in a red...no no...a blue folio and walk around with it tucked under my arm today..... you'll know it's me if you hear me muttering about collaborative outcomes and key stakeholders under my breath....shoot me....

Archived