fathers day gifts

straddiebrad

i got a very cool card and a bottle of dimple schotch!

also gonna buy myself a set of barkbusters for the bike!

the card is a fishy card with pics of all the fish refurred to!

card reads:

holy Mackerel,your one great dad! (pic of a mackerel to the side)

no Trout about it! (pic of a trout and all other fish reffured to )

you tattaly kick Bass!

sure your a clown sometimes...

but your a hip Cat too!

in Tuna with the times!

without you life would be Crappie!

the whole family would Flounder!

Cod go on, but long story short...

your the greatest dad ever and thats no fish story!

cheers Ian

Well lads…I did bloody, bloody well! Mainly due to the fact that my birthday is the day before fathers day so I get the double whammy!!

I got:

5x Soft Plastics…variety of makes models etc…stoked! Sister 1 and hubby….

Shimano Fishing Shirt - Sister 2…and village idiot boyfriend.

BCF - $50 Voucher from some mates……more plastics..

The missus shouted me a weekend at Coffs and whilst there I was drooling over the Diawa Pluton reel they had in the local fishing shop……..Come fathers day there was a box on the kitchen bench….opened it and OMFG I nearly fainted!!! She splashed out and purchased it for me………..to say that I was/am gob smacked is an understatement!!!!

So I am the proud owner of a Diawa Pluton matched with one of these absolutely sick Samurai rods!!!! Holy teledo it is wasted on my fishing ability and I might just hang it on the wall…it is to beautiful to use I reckon.

pictdpluton11.jpg

batman wrote:

Well lads…I did bloody, bloody well! Mainly due to the fact that my birthday is the day before fathers day so I get the double whammy!!

I got:

The missus shouted me a weekend at Coffs and whilst there I was drooling over the Diawa Pluton reel they had in the local fishing shop……..Come fathers day there was a box on the kitchen bench….opened it and OMFG I nearly fainted!!! She splashed out and purchased it for me………..to say that I was/am gob smacked is an understatement!!!!

So I am the proud owner of a Diawa Pluton matched with one of these absolutely sick Samurai rods!!!! Holy teledo it is wasted on my fishing ability and I might just hang it on the wall…it is to beautiful to use I reckon.

pictdpluton11.jpg

you win!!!

I know...I know chaps!

I have sat at the dinner table every night since getting the thing and just ogle at every inch of pure awesome'ness!!!!

Interestibgly it has no sound when it comes to loading up the drag....just super slick smooth bearings......

I have been practice casting in the back yard with a Squidgy swim bait with the hook cut off. It cast like a dream and although it is slightly heavier than a Zillion baitcaster it is not dramatically different. The 6'6' Samurai is just a piece o art!

As I said before, I do not deserve it...at my level of fishing ability I feel so guilty having a rig like this but I am sure it will rub off when I hook on to a monster Barra, Jewey or Threadie.

I have been using a Ian Miller "Raider" rod matched with a 2500 Shimano Symetra reel and to be honest I have loved using it. For the kayak I made a point of purchasing middle to lower end gear so that if it goes over board I won't slit me wrists!

Anyway...it's been a very good year! :woohoo:

batman wrote:

I got:

pictdpluton11.jpg

thats awesome mate, one of the few daiwa BC's i wish i had lol. i'll use it for you if you dont wanna :laugh:

Feral wrote:

What? not allowed to reverse by "feel" anymore Loz?

Also I bet there was a cod Rod in the car on fathers day!

Nah !!! she wont let me scratch it yet, and SWMBO wins ;)

Cod Rod will be next trip, but I did sus out the weir/ river and some other places to put the boat in. Looks like real good Cod Country out there.

Shame it's a 1000Km round trip from here, may need a couple of "major breakdowns" to justify a weeks fishing (ooppps working) :P Did I type that out aloud :woohoo:

Archived