One step closer to our new cod / barra fishery

Feral

HookedOnTackle wrote:

Gotta find the good in it, after all, this is the government that locks out rec fishos to protect fish stocks in the bay and avoids any mention of the pollution which kills wildlife...

How flooding so much pristine land is best for the environment blows my mind. Soon we will have another empty dam, yay bligh!

Pristine? Its a cow paddock.

i for 1 are for the dam it will help drought proof brisbane it would a disaster for a few million people to run out of water in another large drought. i've also said before that the locals surrounding the dam will benifit if they stock it with fish then people come as tourists fishing and bring more dollars to the local economy. so a few properties are compulsory resumed for the benefit of millions of stheast queenslanders.

mark

Feral wrote:

HookedOnTackle wrote:
Gotta find the good in it, after all, this is the government that locks out rec fishos to protect fish stocks in the bay and avoids any mention of the pollution which kills wildlife...

How flooding so much pristine land is best for the environment blows my mind. Soon we will have another empty dam, yay bligh!

Pristine? Its a cow paddock.

Exept for the parts that MRCRRP have spent nearly 20 years resnagging.

Pristine may have been over stating the cow paddocks, but there is some very beautiful country up there. I think it would be a terrible shame to go under water, when desalination doesn't rely on rain. Or we could stop putting some of the purest drinking water in the world down our toilets, literally.

The dam will blow out massively in costs and we will be slugged another raise in some kind of tax to pay for it. I just want to say, i voted for the fishing party :)

Terry H wrote

Or is it now all about having another stocked cod or barra fishery?

Seems like a real shame to me.

Well said Terry.

If this is the only positive, then it's a real shame. $1.5 billion just for a fishery? If you want to catch a stocked barra, how 'bout Awoonga, Monduran, or Lenthals? There's plenty close enough. As for cod, they're stocked everywhere and no one rarely catches any of them. So why destroy a natural habitat for them, just to restock them into a dam and never catch them again. I guess we'll be paying for that too?

Now let's see, we bought the land back off the farmers, we're going to spend billions building the dam, by that stage there'll be more people here so water will have gone up anyway, boat and trailer registraion will probably go up again then we have to pay for the stocking? Seems pretty expensive to just to have a fish, but I guess that's Queensland, beautiful one day, ridiculously expensive the next.

Archived