shultz canal report!

Jordan

one of my mates from skool lives at nudgee beach and had come down with some dogs disease, so i decided to go and see him. unfortunatley the trip is a 22k bike ride, but fortunatley, most of it goes along the side of shultz canal, so i decided to bring a rod and scorpian along to help the time pass. thanks to tom, i got a pb flathead, dunno how big it is exactly but i was more than proud of it, and 2 nice cod, one of them the biggest ive ever caught on a lure. on the way home however, i found an awesome spot, decided to have a cast and bang!!! the lure was nailed. without any over axaduration at all, the fight lasted around 7 minutes or so, taking me out of the creek and into the open river. i finally tired it out and brought it within 3 metres of me wen the bugger found a hole. i was determined not to lose this fish infront of my sea of spectators, so i stripped of and went into the drink. unfortunatley it was far deeper than i expected and went right under, making a fool of myself infront of some girls i was tryin to impress :( :kiss: win some u loose some. i found the hole, and far out was it a big hole, i put my leg as far down as it could go, but my leg wasnt long enough. deciding this probably wasnt a smart idea anyway i decided to try and reef it out, but the line only snapped. i had dissapointed my onlookers and myself, and lost my fav lure. i can only put this fish down to be some sort of vermin like a very big eel or stingray as i cant possibly see it to be any other fish.

haha mackmauler that thought was going thru my mind constantly, but just think of the chiks man, lol i was imagining pullin out a 4 fooot barra and then one of them falling for me haha pfft i dunno wot was goin thru my mind at the time lol surely uve done stupid things 4 chiks b4 ;) haha thx 4 the karma ellie, i appreciate it.

just went n bought 2 scorpians and a laser pro :pinch: hurt my wallet a tad, but hopin to get that monster bak, also thinkin of dropin a livie on a 100lb trace infront of the hole if i get bitten of again, but im hopin tomorrow will produce well

Well done mate.

Awesome effort.

Id agree with Brian as well.

Sounds like a bigger cod or a Jack to me.

Especially considering where you got it.

Your really getting goof with those lures mate.

Keen to take the Yaks up some random creeks some time after some Cod/Flatties/Jacks?

Angus

fellahs i swear theres not a cod or jack big enough on this earth to fight as hard and long as wot this did, and im not lying one bit wen i say i was fighting this fish extremely hard for at least 6 or 7 minutes, it was soooo close to spooling me.

angus or anyone, id love to join you in a fish, im sik of goin lonesome :( also if anyone would be kind enough to have me as a deckie or something on a sharkin adventure thatd be great, freezer is chokas with chum and eels

Archived