Massive Mac in the Bay

Jaymz711

Howdy

Just wanna let the tuna fishos know I went fishing on the Shorncliffe Pier yesturday and it was extremely choppy. While I was talking to my mate (facing directly out to moreton island) I happened to catch a glimpe of a huuuge airbourne mac tuna bout 100 feet out. Could not mistake what sort of fish it was caus of its sheer size, looked to be clearing a metre in length easy.. and this thing had some air time aswell. No exaggeration!

Thats the second ive seen in two weeks, the last one being seen right beside the jetty chasing a large school of mullet.

Damn If I had a boat I know what I'd be chasing.

Jameson

My mate was spooled on 10lb braid outside the mouth two days ago on a 2-5kg rod on a 5inch white jerk shad fishing for Jew.. Reckons it took two enormous powerful runs that he wouldnt have even begun to be able to turn or tighten the drag on... His brother couldnt even get the anchor up and the motor started in time before 200m of braid was gone!

I said to him at the time I suspect it was a rogue Tuna purely due to the sheer speed and length of runs.

Chris

chris_stewart14 wrote:

My mate was spooled on 10lb braid outside the mouth two days ago on a 2-5kg rod on a 5inch white jerk shad fishing for Jew.. Reckons it took two enormous powerful runs that he wouldnt have even begun to be able to turn or tighten the drag on... His brother couldnt even get the anchor up and the motor started in time before 200m of braid was gone!

I said to him at the time I suspect it was a rogue Tuna purely due to the sheer speed and length of runs.

Chris

wow that sounds pretty hardcore, love to get me some of that action.. what does it take to land the big ones? terrys sharking gear?

kriso wrote:

jeff f wrote:
you can handle most of them on bream gear

but you wont stop the big buggers

i got this one in the mouth of the river last year big_download_204_AFO-20091016.jpg

jeez i reckon they are the best lookin fish around! the build of them ooozes speed!

too bloody right.. i wonder if they taste as good as they look! :)

Archived