shultz canal part 4

Jordan

finally, after nagging everyone i know, i finally found someone to share some of my spots with. me and my mate ian went down to shultz at about 11.30, to try and catch the run out as this is the time ive found to be the most effective. my hopes were high, but unfortunatley over the hour and a half, mayb 2 hours we were there, we diddnt manage to land anywhere near as many fish as my last trip, but still, we did manage to catch some nice sized fish. started off flikin the halco scorpian 52 mm around, as this lure had come through for me many times before, but after about 10 mins of nothing, decided to change. i then put on my virgin kmart lure, it was about the closest thing that i could find to a laser pro at the kmart shop, but then was sadly disapointed as the bib very rareley caught the water and dived down, most of the time it jsut spalshed on the surface. feeling down i then decided to put my hopes in a 60 mm lipless crankbait, and first cast managed to get a small bream. finally, a change in the air. feeling confident, flicked it in the same spot again and it got nailed, after fighting for 30 seconds or so it snaged me. so gave the rod to my mate ian and swam out to grab it, but when i realised i culdnt touch the bottom where the lure was, i was considering just snapping it, when ian said he could get it. so out he came with me, and disapeared under the water for a few moments, before coming up with an excited look on his face. 'i felt the teeth' he said. 'it felt like a pretty big cod'. i totaly diddnt believe him, and went down to investigate myself, sure enough, it was a cod, and after about 8 dives between us we managed to wrestle it out of its hole. now thats teamwork!

went very quiet after that, we must of scared the fish off. switched to a yellow attack lure, and before we left, we managed to pull in another impressive cod, a small bream and a small cod. still plenty of fish to keep us entertained.

posting the pics soon

jordan

Jordan, me and a mate from uni are thinking of heading down after we finish for the day. We have uni from 8-11 so should be down there at about 12.

Ive got some new scorpions I cant wait to test!!!

When and where will you be fishing? We dont have bikes but if u give me a general area I may be able to park somewhere closer...

Look forward to seeing you dive in after another monster mate :P

-nelson-

Mate just got a phone call from me old man to go out on the boat on Sunday chasing some nobbies but I would love to go definately. Keep in touch and will catch up some time soon to see you cast and retrieve as only you know how..(ha ha):P

Archived