Mullet on rod and reel.

dhess

I have a lot of fun in Bulimba and Tinny creek using those methods have caught some big ones to

%7Boption%7D

Throw a heap of bread on the surface to that will get them in a feeding frenzy.

I wrap a small piece of bread around the shank of a long shank size 6 hook leave the barb exposed and hold on as they fight hard

Post edited by: Aaron H, at: 2007/03/18 21:04

post-266-144598409348_thumb.jpg

i tried it once in some harbour,shute harbour maybe? some haarbour we were stayin at b4 leavin 4 the whitsundays, and far out, they are definatley the best fighting fish for there size by far. i used a jig rig with a float, and like aronn said, bearly them up first with some bread. also, i found that if i rolled the bread on the hook they wouldnt even look at it, just swim past. i had to attatch a piece of unspoiled bread about 5cm's long for them to consider it. made it much harder to hook them and the bait was hard to cast, but it was the only way to get them. managed to get 6 over 2 days, traded them 2 some hippies for a mad feed and some groovy straw hats haha. the smallest one was 53cm's :ohmy: they were just huge and fought like monsters. never had the privilage to fish for them like that again :(

roobs wrote:

using bran for burley is better- it spreads over the water columns and drifts better than bread does. also it's less appealing to ducks wich can be a nuisance when hooked

But on the plus side you get a feed either way :P :evil:

an old timer, who'd be long dead now, showed me this about 30 years ago, when i was a kid.

take a piece of elasic about 6\"long and tie a good knot in it to make a loop then tie 4-6 short lengths of fishing line around your loop of elastic, make them all different lengths from 50mm to 300mm. attach no 10 octopus or suicide patern hooks to the lines. bait each hook with a piece of white rag about 1cm square, just put the hook through once.attach elastic loop to your main line. take a slice of white bread and fold it in quarters and put the elastic around it once in each direction to hold it firmly. put a large red and white plastic ball float about 40 cm above the rig and cast out. this works best in calm water. i have caught mullet up to 2kg on this rig in various lakes ande cannals on the gold coast.

the mullet are drawn to the bread and nibble at it but cant pull it out of the elastic they snap at the cloth thinking it's a bit of bread that's fallen off.

it sounds wierd but it realy works

Archived