Gold Coast Help

Steve13

Hey guys

i was wondering if you guys could help me out with some details about fishing spots around the gold coast area.

Im heading there at the end of january from melbourne. But i dont really know what type of fish are up there. I dont really mind if its fresh water fishing or salt water.

I need to know what type of gear i should tack up with me, for example hooks, sinkers, line, etc.

Also could you advise whether to use soft plastics or hard bodies or even just bait. Any help would be great.

Kind Regards

Steve

fish a range of hb's and plastics i reckon and youll get all the usuals. and maybe if u wanna try for a jack, mullet fillet is pretty good. youll obviously need a heavier outfit if u wanna target jacks as well as some hooks and sinkers. if not just bring a light breaming set up and youll be good.

Hi Steve

This part of the coast has good surf at times narrowneck, main beach right up to the spit and the spit also has a sand pumping jetty which is fished alot and is basically a pier or fish the seaway off the rocks = bring loads of gear you will loose it.

Not sure if i will still have my tinnie then, if i have i will gladly take you out around the seaway.

Cheers

Bri.

Hey guys.

Thanks for the hep Bri :)

I spoke to the guy where i might be staying he said that he has caught bream, flathead, Trevally, Mangrove Jack and the biggest Sand Whiting he has seen.

Ive never really fished for trevally or mangrove jack before as im still new to the whole fishing scene. Would you guys be able to help on what hook sizes i would need and maybe what is a good way to catch them. But im not sure if they will be in season in January, would you guys know?

Kind Regards

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived