Gold Coast Stonefish.

Bri The Pom

Went for a fish at the seaway last night, chasing jewies on livies.Landing a fish which I had to phone a freind for conformation, a Stonefish about 40cm long took my livie i had it in the net in the boat,dark and all alone. So i photographed it and let it go.I only had my mobile so quality not good.

I also had a 48cm flattie on a livie.

Bri. Image000_AFO-20091209.jpgImage001_AFO-20091209.jpg

RichH wrote:

we got 1 in a castnet at deep water bend a few months back ...bullrout = stonefish?

stone fish and bulrout look diffrent , bullrout look like weird cod stone well they look like a rock lol, though big similarity is touching equals pain x 1 million lol

Bri, did he just sit still like a rock? Still havn't got one :dry: Really want to catch one haha

RichH, they're pretty different. Here's a comparison. Both are very painful (so I've heard), but the Stonefish would definately be the worst. Definately a do not touch species.

Stonefish

Stonefish.jpg

Vs

Bullrout

Bullrout.jpg

thats a big stone fish they can kill you if they hit a vein, ive been stung by a one while my torch holder dicked around i was about to throw my net at cabbage tree and grabed ahold of it, went to the Hospital my arm was poundin and was numb in spots my rist and upper rist has red bits and was at the pass out stage, they put my arm in really hot water to Crystalise the posison then had to wait it out. i come in with my arm roped off they told me that dose nothing if anything makes it worse because when you let go ur blood pumps harder, cant suck it out then its in ur mouth.

scary night

Archived