NPD 50+ been awhile

Dinodadog

Headed out to the dam this morning for a session before the heat of the day. Finaly after quite a spell managed to pick up a 51cm bass, they are very shy at the moment and the over 50cm bass are hard to track down. I managed several bass on lures mainly jackals and the 51cm was on a shallow ridgeback lure. Also picked up several bass on shrimp,playing the sit and wait game,as the bass keep on the move all the time and now and then one will pass your way and get interested. Ray and Ian were also fishing and might have a bit to add to the post.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

happy chappy 51cm bass rions_011.JPG

Nice morning a bit of mist on water and nice sunrise.

PC140119AFO.jpg

I ended up boating 3 bass between 35 to 45 cm ( 2 on bait one on gvibe casting )and dropped a couple more at side of boat because I was too lazy to use landing net.Straightened the rear treble on a napjaru trying to lift a good one into boat.

Got a few redclaw on the way down with the best catches from shallow water.

PC140120AFO.jpg

Stopped fishing around 10 and decided to see how pots were going and did quite well. Its not often you do ok in daytime at npd.

PC140121AFO.jpg.

Cheers

Ray

Nice 51 Dino. Beautiful morning early but a few mozzies around to be pests. Had a bit of fun with jackels and a dark purple Flicks Cobra lure which runs at about 10 feet . Ended up with 5 bass to 45cm all in prime condition , dropped 2 others off a jackel . No shrimps in my pots so gave bait a miss.Good morning with a couple of mates. Tight lines. :cheer: Ian M

Archived