cast net bargain!

kriso

hey guys,

was walking through amart at mount gravatt lookin at dart board cabinets for my new dart board and my mrs was looking at the bargain table in the fishing section, she says mmmmmm 10ft top pocket mono cast net for $40 is that good? hell yes i say and straight to the check out, is a jarvis brand and was marked down as it was the last one they where keeping as they only use surecatch ones now. as you can tell very happy with my little bargain! :)

damn must be cast net bargain day ..was on ebay this morning and saw a 12 foot mono jarvis walker castnet (brand spanker) starting bid 99 cents located in brisbane ..had 8 days something left on it current bid $4.50 ..so i shot the dude a message asking would pick up be possible and asked if he would be interested in a buy it now price as the mrs an I were heading up scarborough way this afternoon , he msged me back his mobile and i phoned , it was his bros net and he purchased but never used an was sitting in his shed collecting dust , we agreed on $45. Went out , purchased the net and its currentlly soaking in my laundry tub , it doesnt look to be a top pocket ..but i thought it to be a great deal and the fact he was preparing to sell before auction ended suited me also. Now i got my lil 7 footer and when that dies my new 12 footer ..i couldnt resist

those surecatch castnets are taking over it's hard to find any other brand these days

and they are shit they dont open properly and the material is getting thinner and thinner every one you buy ,too easy to rip' i've killed 2 in the past 6 months

i compared the thickness of the mono on a new one to an old one and its half the size

i'm going back to the old style nylon nets if i cant find a seahorse brand mono net.

the nylon nets may be heavier but at least you get more than a couple of trips out of them before they fail

bought a 10ft surecatch net on friday........took it out saturday night. got 2 herring on my first few two casts - and they stayed in good nick too, didn't get banged up getting stuck in the mesh. fourth cast.......snagged. permanently. tried pulling the net and ripped the hell out of the net along the bottom pocket.

useless piece of crap. might look at ordering one from the states - they seem to take their cast netting pretty seriously over there......

Mate repair it, I nearlly tore mine in half, spread it out on the driveway, got some fishing line and a big needle and tied it back together, it's a bit of a mess I have to admit........one side is much shorter than the other ^^

But it still opens!! and still catches bait.....although not as efficiently as it did.

I need a new one, but will still keep the old one for use in new spots where I don't know where the snags are.

nice buy kriso.

i like your ideas about what sports to play too.

low output sports that encourage downs a beer or 10!

my list would be similar.

pool,darts,golf(just the driving range ),fishing,poker or 21 .

i don't even own a cast net really .

kids found 1 in the river ,i spent hrs repairing 1 side to find all the other side stuffed.

i'm fairly sure as i repair 1 part another part falls apart .

atm just using a 8 foot cotton i borrowed off my dad .

got dagz here too ,he has a mono 1 .

the cotton 1 get heavier with the water soaking in ,but seams to they easier 1 to throw.

Good bargain and good work mrs Kriso on steering the shopping to an appropriate area...

And Kriso, I'm surprised. You struck me as an active, teetotalling bloke each time I have met you. Where did the lethargy and alcoholism come from? I somehow can't help but think this is somehow all kreel and ellicats fault...

kriso wrote:

Feral wrote:
GOLF! :( :pinch:

yeah mate i like tp participate in low output sports that encourage downs a beer or 10! snooker,darts,golf,fishing,poker all the good ones! lol

What about Lawn bowls? A beer at every change of ends, usually 21 ends isn't it?

Archived