Offshore

rhino01

rapers shoal fishes alright at times.....and not to far off the coast....i havnt been there personally im just going on what others have reported!! im sure someone will give you the right directions! jump on google and look up the co-ordinates for it and then look at it on google maps.

zane

fergie wrote:

my opinion, most of the reefs are hit and miss, one day you can clean up and the next, you get nothing

Agree with that totally

One thing I noticed is if there's brownish crap (algae bloom ?) in the water and you can't find clear water go home :(

Inner geneerings can fish well but think you'll need an epirb for that one ;) also the 12 mile on a good day :) Rapers shoal is nearly west of the 12 mile but close to shore (keep an eye out it can produce breakers ;) )

Cheers Gaz

i love these guys, they do a few trips get a bit of confidence under their belts, having no idea that a bow rider was never intended to be used for any sort of offshore work, so 1 day it blows a lil bit harder, and ol mate makes his way back into the ramp, and b 4 he knows it the boat is getting sucked in between the waves, so full tit is given to the mighty 60 hp, and nothing happens,it is slowly pushed side on as it has not the power to out run the swell, nearly at 90 degree's now and it feels like she's goin over, and i'll leave the rest up to you guys to finish off. :huh:

don't even wanna think about punching into waves, as all it takes is 1 wave to sink 1 of those things. but thats another story. touch's wood for ya mate!

ahh yeah, try murphy's or the inner gneerings, but wait for winter to come as it's a waste of time now unless you go out for the night. as night time is a lot better.

Feral wrote:

Gazza wrote:

One thing I noticed is if there's brownish crap (algae bloom ?) in the water and you can't find clear water go home :(

Isn't that the coral spawn?

No, coral spawn once in (usually) early november and the ovum and semen are usually cleared out pretty quick by the currents.

Finally had a go offfshore last weekend and it was great!!! Went out to the inner gneerings and bagged 2 small grassy sweetlip, trevally and a good sized coral trout. Not happy with noname's comments :angry: no need to be like that - surely better things in life to complain about.

mate good to see you give it a go,never really done well up the sunny coast but in all honesty i had just purchased my boat when going out off there,didn't know how to use my sounder properly,as for nonames comments centre consoles and centre cabs must be sh**t offshore as well when he goes down the goldie in a few weeks maybe he should look at all the centre consoles and bowriders off there,if your comfortable in your boat to use it offshore then do so,

cheers rosco

ok then, it wasn't aimed specifically at you, but wait until you have to do a pick up in the middle of a nasty bar, cos the bloody fools thought it was ok and it might have been when they went out, but on arriving back at the bar, it was a different story, and so they go through and capsize the boat, so i risk my boat and my life along with another person on board, to help some 1 you just can't leave where they are, but so f!!!!! sorry if i upset you.

Archived