Lures

RUSSIAN

hey mate, just be careful with ebay lures as they are replicas of the real thing and obviously arent build the same = problems = straightened hooks = not great build quality etc

10 lures hey.. maybe:

* 2 x surface lures

* 2 x hb crankbaits

* 4 x plastics

* 1 x slug

* 1 x whatever

hope i helped :S

Angus wrote:

SX40's

SX60's

Boring I know but they just work so well :P

Angus

Id also PM Zim Man on this site and look at some Damiki Napjaru's if you are thinking fresh water. These babies are bass magnets. I am a big fan of the MU's and the Saemi by Damiki as well.

Angus

hmmm... ok..... Is there a budget you have for these 10 lures ? Coz some things are alot cheaper on ebay (most of the jap HB's), so you may actually be able to get more.

2 SX43's

2 SX60's

2 5" SP's (jerkshad style)

1 3inch prong or prawn (guzzlerz or gulp)

1 4 inch prong or prawn (guzzlerz or gulp)

For the two remaining to make 10 lures, find somehting you like the looks of in a hardbody in the 90-120mm range. This would serve as a decent slow troll (kayak) lure in estuaries or out on the bay. Like a small Xrap or a Luckcraft staysee or a manns stretch...

A few hints for lures on Ebay (Where I get most of mine)

1. Look for 2nd hand lures (most 2nd hand ones are brand name)

2. Look for sets, always better value than one or two because of postage.

3. Look at paying no more then $5 or $6 delivered per lure.Any more than that and I reckon your better off buying new.

4. Look at reputable Australian brand name stuff, its better value as the tackle freaks drive the price of the jap stuff through the roof, often dearer than new price.

If you want new Jap stuff, have a look here,
/>http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Tbz-Mart__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Usually able to get it to your door for about 75% of the price at a tackle shop.

As in all ebay transactions check the postage that applied first!

hey feral, what about buying a few lures that come in a package. On ebay ive seen a package that comes with 3 rapala lures new, and it ended with the total cost going at $29.95 and the postage was 5.95, so what do you reckon about buying a package like that, :S cheers

as far as ebay sellers go, some that i have done business with that have all been very good in terms of price, quality and delivery, are ;

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/SHIMREELS-TACKLE__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Tbz-Mart__W0QQ_armrsZ1

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Sushilure-Store__W0QQ_armrsZ1

In particular, the Tbz-Mart always has good prices on Ecogear lures ;-)

nope, unless it was magnums or xraps! If it was CD's etc thats near or over new price.

Lots of Rapala and nilsmaster on ebay, I've bought a few but generally avoid them unless an obvious bargain, As they are mostly going for similar prices (or dearer) to new in the shop.

What I meant was look for someone selling half a dozen or more second hand lures. Particularly early on when your not likely to end up with lures you already have.

I like the rapala slashbaits ssr6 and the rapala skitter pops ,i get mine of ebay u.s and they end up landed here for about 7-8 dollars aus each ,way cheaper than you can get them here . I use a number of different sellers and they always arrive in 7-10 days and are quality lures ...matt

You can't bet quality Timber lures I make Gidgee Lures and Dinoadog (forum member) is catching plenty Bass at NPD on the Gidgee Ripple at the moment. if your interested send me a PM these lures are $13.00 each and hand carved from quality red cedar and are producing quality fish at the moment. I love any timber lure and find that they always produce excellant fish.

The type of lure you purchase will depend highly on what your target fish is.

All the best in the purchase what ever is be.

Cheers

Tom :)

Archived