Banana Prawns

Master Sardines

There was quite a few picked up at Deep Water Bend today off the pontoon at the ramp...

I'm working nights atm and always pop down to the Bald Hills ramp, throw on the high beam and see them jumping everywhere!!!

Will get my first cast net this week and have a throw when I get the boat out again on Friday... mmmm, lets hope for a feed of prawns. Mouth watering stuff!!!!!

Brett

I'm keen to head out and get some, probs down at the powerlines or some thing this week end.

I'm gonna just head down to one of the points in the Redlands (spoilt for choice out this way) and see how I go some time this week with out the use of the boat.

Best prawns I had were from my first cast net when I was 16, from the Noosa River.

• 1 month later...

So are any of you lads makin your way down the bay islands? must have been 70 boats here Sat & same Sunday. The season is just about over. I'm heading out again tomorrow, Seem to be in and around the hole at Macleay Is. Baggin out every trip, get ur bums here before there gone. Say hi to me, have a blue afo sticker on the port stern of my tinny 445 dory.

Cheers Steve

I was there Sunday in the pack - although I was told Saturday was a lot easier (always the way). A few people I respect think this season may go for another month yet - would be good if it did!

Was a bit crazy on Sunday - saw a guy pull a knife out and threaten to cut the lead line off someone's net. Some of the people in the pack don't have much respect for others :(

Marty

living on russell must be great in regard to prawning - I imagine most people would know where the pack was that day?

also must be extremely convenient to be able to see the pack from the comfort of your car?

we have to keep our ear to the ground and try to make an educated guess on where the prawns where caught the day before, then make a decision on where to launch (jacobs well, cabbage tree or redland bay) then start driving around sounding, casting and looking for the pack.

marty

marty wrote:

living on russell must be great in regard to prawning - I imagine most people would know where the pack was that day?

also must be extremely convenient to be able to see the pack from the comfort of your car?

we have to keep our ear to the ground and try to make an educated guess on where the prawns where caught the day before, then make a decision on where to launch (jacobs well, cabbage tree or redland bay) then start driving around sounding, casting and looking for the pack.

marty

Right you are... Sometimes I go for a ride on my motor bike and see where the boats are from top to bottom of island and can see down to cabbage tree point and all western side of island. Having local friends call to let me know where there at too.. and my wife catching the ferry to work texts me and lets me know how many boats are out....

Aswell we have a boat ramp on the eastern side and were only 10 min from jumpinpin, and 15 to jacobs well...all too convenient.. :lol:

RyanG45 wrote:

mate a friend and i went out last weekend just off the boat ramp at redybay every night at around 7-8 oclock and each night atleast getti 10l and we did that for 3 nights ended up with 27L of pranws

cheers ryan

How about dropping some of a Peel Island on saturday night I'll shout you a beer

Dave

Archived