Crabbing Bait

Freshy

Freshy..fishingnut is on the money with fresh is best,and with oily frames.

I use any heads and filleted frames I get from keepers on my fishing trips,I individually bag and freeze them to have a supply on hand(if you buy whole mullet rip the fillets of for fishing bait).

If using frames from a non oily fish splash a bit of kero on the frames before putting in the pots, and you don`t have to over bait your pots,if your checking them regularly,a bait about the size of a legal bream(25cm)cut in half would be ample as you want to attract them not feed them.

And yea catfish whole or cut in half works.Be mindful of their barbs or cut them off

cheers Gad

Gad wrote:

Freshy..fishingnut is on the money with fresh is best,and with oily frames.

I use any heads and filleted frames I get from keepers on my fishing trips,I individually bag and freeze them to have a supply on hand(if you buy whole mullet rip the fillets of for fishing bait).

If using frames from a non oily fish splash a bit of kero on the frames before putting in the pots, and you don`t have to over bait your pots,if your checking them regularly,a bait about the size of a legal bream(25cm)cut in half would be ample as you want to attract them not feed them.

And yea catfish whole or cut in half works.Be mindful of their barbs or cut them off

cheers Gad

that's pretty much the same as i do .

but a bit more lazy ,i just bag the frames etc all together maybe 4 or so.

then just use 1 frame/head a pot ,to lazy to cut them up.

the pilly's i use are when they are to old and no good for bait ,too soft .

going to try cat fish since i will surely catch some this weekend.

pilly's ,mullets are oily fish ,they seam to work better .

but also fresh or fresh frozen ,bream ,whiting,squire ,Flathead,sole have all worked good for me .

i tried pike ell ,but didn't seam to work any good ,but it could have been just a dud day.

also haven't had any luck ,with pig parts or chicken frames ,but just could have been another dud day .

yeah i should keep them for that .

i got bags of old bait in the freezer for berly .

prawns ,squid ,chicken etc .

pillys would be good to add .

i never use it ,i should .

close as i get to burly is trowing the prawn head in form servo prawns.

them servo prawns always fall apart.

i used burly once down the mouth of the bris river ,bread and tuna oil .

it worked ,caught more fish .

cheers for the reminder /idea gad .

i will burly this weekend when i fish .:)

Archived