LITTLE BIG FOOT - SHOW US YOUR WHEELS!

AlsHilux

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

i luv my beast ,she is good old girl .cops a floggin,has hit almost everything u can and she keeps going.other than rust and the drive train she is good.have to replace the parts in the drive train a bit cause of wear and tear ,cause she is old .and the water dose not help,it stuff's the drive train up a fair bit too.

[img size=1000]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/beast_mud.jpg

this is my second baby i got her a few year ago .like my first baby she is unfinished and waiting for $ and a new shed then the work will start up on them again.

[img size=1000]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/hardtop2.jpg

i was thinking about selling this 1 and using the $ to finish baby 1.but i just don't have the heart to part with them.they my baby's.:)my dream cars since i was a little kid and i first saw a black ford hardtop in mad max 1.

it had AT'S on it ,then had mud diggers but they only had 3 mm tread but they where still better in the mud than AT'S.she has cheap 120$ AT's,nexen.they are great on the road ok on the sand ,crap on the mud.they block up full of mud quick.

when i first got it had the steel split rims with truck tyre's on it .they where ok in mud.

bar the new nexen tyre's i got all the other have been average like 3 or 4 mm tread ,just use the old ones i had up.

only time i get stuck is when i get hung up on both diff's.

if i get hung up on a door sill it has side steps ,so i just go for it .i have ripped the side steps off a few times.

other than that how to get through mud with balled tyres or AT's .

don't stuff about go for it.

low range ,second or third gear and 3000 rpm. can take u a lot of places :)

other thing is when i got her,she cost 10 grand and was worth about that.after 2 years she was worth nothing .same as today would be lucky to get 2500 for her.

it makes it a lot easyer to go for it when the car worth nothing and u have a second car to drive to work if u brake it .:)

also i used to race stock cars and improved production at archfield speed way.so mud and clay are no stranger to me .and have driven every car i have ever owned through mud and bush tracks all my life since i was 16 to 36.guess that helps too.

main thing is good momentum, about 30 kph.steady revs . go through it don't put your foot down ,u will bog it .keep steady let the car do it's work.

the different speeds and gears u use for different stuff .but pick a gear a speed and rpm and stick to it.

steep hill climb's low range 1 gear 2500 rpm.

mud low range 3 gear 3000 rpm.

mud holes, dams and water with mud bottoms,low range second gear 3000 rpm.

water hard bottom /rocky low range second gear 2500 to 3000 rpm .keep a bow wave up and constant movement steady steady.

sand hard ,2wd or high range.

sand soft high range low gear steady rpm between 2500 to 3500.

sand boggy /or soft and dug out /rutted deep .u are going to drag the diff's .low range second gear 20 to 40 kpm,rpm 3500 to 4500. high range it seams to bog down .low range 3 gear just not enough grunt.

thats the gears and rpm and speeds i use in my 60 series petrol cruiser .u have to learn your car get a feel for it .light cars and 4 cyc's need more rpm sometimes .big heavy low revving cars should be about the same as my cruiser.

hope that helps .

other than that new time we go to play in the mud u can come along.

we play in them mud behind my place ,redbank plains ,we play in the black clay.usually after rain .:) that way we get more mud and creek crossings.

u just need to drive the car off road more get a feel for it .after getting bogged 1/2 a dozen times .and getting pulled out ,u will get there.:)

only time i really get up it and give it to her is when i got the sh*t's on.

like i in a mud hole and i'm getting caught up on the bar or diff's so i ram the mud till .and hollow it out so i can get out.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HyWe065aic&feature=channel_page

here is another video i call it :where not to stand.

i used to have this video up but took it down.

well it's back it's to a important lesson not to be seen so people think and get out of the way.

remember make sure every1 is out of the way .beep the horn ,say your intentions so people move clear.

communication is very important ,don't just think every 1 is thinking or know whats your next move is.

don't assume that every 1 is out of the way even if the look like they are in the mirror.

i'm the guy who got pinned between the cars in this video and the driver checked his mirrors and thought i was standing beside the guy behind the car.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLJvRxrZICs

yeah i had sore guts and left hand for 3 months,nothing broken but heaps of bruising and internal bruising.and as it healed it itched mega and was inside me so i couldn't scratch it.

but i was lucky i reckon.the thought i had was oh f**k i'm about to get my guts ripped out.

funny thing the mrs went off at me when i got home cause i kept 4x4 for 4 more hrs.

all i could say was :well i didn't start piss pooing or bring up blood so i figured i was ok.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived