Cowfish13

BFT stands for Big Fat Toadie

We went out fishing in the bay near goat and Peel islands on Anzac Day. Not Much to report, but we did get this guy

We hooked on to 4 in total, but only landed one. He was 68cm long. We caught him a bit south of Dunwich, pretty much straight east from goat island on a sand bank. we manged to get 31 winter whiting.

We also got to see a squadren of 10-11 old time planes fly over us. [img size=160]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Fat_Toadie_1.jpg

post-320-144598413303_thumb.jpg

Speaking of giant toadies, they can be useful...we were up at Hervey Bay on holidays a few years ago and I thought I'd flick a line off the pier one morning. There were these two young fella's doing the same a little inshore of me (about 150m out on the pier) when they both caught big toadies, whipped 'em off the hooks and tail-hooked BOTH FISH ON THE SAME SHARK HOOK which they threw out under a big-ass balloon. Now, I thought they were mad, as did the hundred or so people swimming at the beach at the end of the pier. Right up until the balloon let go with an audible pop and the line went berserk, and they were battling an 8 or 9-foot tiger shark - you've never seen so many swimmers get out of the water so fast lol! Who'd have thought it - toadies as bait!

i think sometimes you have to kill the bad fish otherwise all the good fish do other people eat them and then they overpower the waterway reef etc etc

so it helps even it out abit i think or is my thinking abit off centre

anyways id hate to think that the crap fish overpower a system and all you can catch are grinners, catfish and toadies

not my idea of a good fishery

Archived