AFO Swap Meet - September 2010

Angus

** This thread discusses the content article: AFO Swap Meet - September 2010 **

Sunday the 12th of September 2010 Brisbane Fishing Online conducted a swap meet at Colmslie. This event turned out to be very successful with a couple of dozen members heading down to take part. For several members it was their first chance to meet some of the crew face to face, and we certainly hope it wont be their last. Tonnes of gear and coin exchanged hands over the course of the morning and my only concern was for several members going home with more fishing gear than they arrived with despite telling their spouses that it would be the other way around.

Later in the morning we were even graced with the arrival of a couple of girls from the Red Bull promotions team. This was greatly appreciated by the many faces who had woken before the crack of dawn to be there. Overall the event was a good one and with this in mind it wont be long before another is organised for the benefit of those who could not make it, and those for those that just loved the social atmosphere! Thanks to everyone that came along and helped make it a great day.

The Team

Brisbane Fishing Online

. AFORedBull1.JPG

Thanks again to everyone that came.

Highlight of the day: Prob when Ellicat offered the red bull girls an alternate pair of pants as hers were ripped :P

There were a few new faces I did not get to meet sunday but I hope they had a good time! Looking forward to the next one.

Angus

Do$tylz wrote:

oh man... why didn't anyone tell me of the red bull girls??... who brought them along??

They follow me everywhere.

But seriously, they just randomly turned up mate. They however issued their business card so we can get them to future events.

Angus

Just noticed the photo lol, thought I felt something poking near my ear!! ( thought it was one of the Red Bull girls playing with my lobes) Alas not to be!!! Thanks to anyone who bought gear from me and was cool to have a laugh and a chat with people I hadn't yet met. Look forward to next event!

Cheers

Sweresy

Doyley wrote:

What!! Promo girls!!! Cant believe i left before they turned up.

Got some more gear (probably that i didnt really need!!). Thanks Angus for the Ugly Stick, i'll put it to good use and maybe even teach it how to catch fish. :lol:

Hahaha mate that Ugly Stick was my only rod on a week long swains trip. Its seen some fish :) And handled them well :P

Angus

Genesis wrote:

1-20100913-2.JPG

Looks like I was not the only late one!

There were a lot more people when I got there.

However there are some faces here I did not see at all.

I Originally made it so early so people could fish afterwards, but considering not many people did, or did not until later anyway, does everyone think a slightly later start next time is in order?

Angus

I agree with ellicat on a 7am start.

Eug and myself were the first ones there at 5am sharp and whilst it was still dark, we hang around the ramp area to watch a 4WD doing massive burnout in attempts to drag a trailer off the bottom of the boat ramp. Tide was wrong for any kind of land fishing activity and it was about 5:30-6am when the rest started to rock up.

Archived