Wello, short but sweet.

Keen-as-fisho

As planned I hit Wello this morning. I woke at about 330am looked out the window and it was wet but thought F it I'm sick of sitting at home. Hit the ramp at about 445am and Grant was no where to be seen so I rigged up and headed towards Hybers. Yesterday I met up with Zimman to get a fresh batch of Damiki products with a couple of new things, thanks mate. If anyone wants to get into the Damiki range, I highly recommend their gear, especially there armour shads, get onto Rob Searing (Zimman) and he will sort you out B) .

So the plan was simple and effective, use only the new toys ie, chrome/ red head blades, 5 inch and 3 inch armour shads and the large monster mikies. On the way out I trolled an RMG scorpion and managed to blast the donut with the inevitable pike, times about 50 all up :angry:

31010.jpg

I also got a small squire whilst on the troll and a few big strikes but no connection. On arrival at Hybers I put on a 5 inch cream white armour shad and on the second cast it got slammed on the drop by a respectable 37cm squire, lunch sorted. Didn't bother with the camera as it was raining. Kept trying with the shad but the pike kept cutting them up so I swapped to the blade. The bloody pike wouldn't let the blade hit the bottom, every cast equaled a pike, so I cracked the sh!ts and made my way towards the beacons. Got about half way and there's Grant in the distance so I pulled up and changed to my next plastic. So on with a 4 inch monster miki. These plastics are mint, this morning basically every drop resulted in a squire, they where all around 1 or two cm's short of legal but the action was red hot, although I should have used the kreel technique, then they would have been 'legal'.

A couple of good shots for Rob,

31010Damiki.jpg

31010Damiki2.jpg

By about 830am the decision was made to head back as the rain had well and truly set in :( We went to see if it was worth putting in at tingalpa ck for the rest of the morning but the wind and rain was not the combination we where hopping for, oh well at least we made the effort.

Thanks again Rob, I will be seeing you again shortly for more of the 4 inch monster mikies.

I should have used the kreel technique, then they would have been 'legal'

...and by Kreel's technique he means measuring the fish to the tip of the tail - Denis is a bit a New South Mexican in his technique - he likes to measure to the fork and miss out on a fish dinner.

Nice report though mate.

Archived