colleges and Mt crosby weir update

kriso

Hey guys,

i drive past these every day for work and have been able to see the water levels rising, colleges for those that are familar with the park etc , the water has now reached the height of the tin roofs on the bbq table areas, and the water would be about 1mtr from the road level of the crosby weir bridge now too!

will try and stop and take some pics for ya's if i remember to bring my camera.

worth going for a fish out that way this weekend? or is it to rough?

at the speed the water is flowing you would need a boat anchor tied to your line to hold it out and the only thing you would catch is every tree branch. weed and piece of trash flowing down the river.

• 2 weeks later...

Went for a look at Kholo bridge today, looks good to me, although I haven't been there before. There were plenty of small boney bream about. I had a bit of a cast with a spinner, got two small bites but didn't have a stinger hook so missed out. I also went for a look at colleges crossing, it looked like the water was fairly deep when it flooded, so deep that the kiosk would've got drenched. While I was out that way I drop in at Kookaburra park, will have to go chasing some bullies in the boat there. While I sat there I noticed a bullie chasing some bonies up to the surface, it had quit a bow wave behind it.

Archived