Pikes Crossing - 2 Barra and a Jack

Brian D

Just a quickie as I gotta get to work, I did try to post a real report last night but couldn't log on.

I took half a day off and went yakking in Pikes Crossing, Boyne River where I had the most exciting yak trip of my experience. Scored two barra (about 65-70) and a mangrove jack, all on surface lures.

The barra "self released" at the side of the yak while I was digging for the net or camera but the jack was easy to handle.

I'll try and do a better report next trip.

post-118-144598541958_thumb.jpg

post-118-144598541969_thumb.jpg

Awesome work mate! Good hearing from you Chilli keep em coming :)

Angus

Yeeap nice playing again Angus. I will do a proper report next time. I have been given some real good local knowledge and spots. It's like a different world, seeing it with the "live in the area" insight is not like going on a holiday and catching heaps of good fish. It feels a bit like the beginning of my Albert River trips, or I guess it's a bit like your Straddy trips, now it's home it's different and I look forward to mastering my new local river, the Boyne. Funny thing is I'm not in a hurry as I want the joy to last. I am planning my next attack wed, thurs and fri after Melbourne Cup.

Archived